Author Topic: TimeMachine Backup to TeraStation TS5600D stopped working after Big Sur Upgrade  (Read 1644 times)

geoffbagg

• Calf
We use the TeraStation to backup multiple Mac computers.  I took the plunge and updated my computer to Big Sur last week.  Since then, my Time Machine continues to work with any of my physically connected external drives.  When I enter Time Machine from my System Preferences, it shows my TeraStation backup.  On it, everything looks normal--it shows the backups from March 11 2020 to December 28, 2020.  When I tell it to back up, it indicates that it is "Preparing backup..." andthe indicator goes back and forth.  But it does not back up and when it stops, trying, it shows "Zero KB available: on the TS5600D.  Before it tries to back up, it shows 9.6TB  available. 

Also, I just fired up Time Machine and while it shows the backups on the TS5600D, it was not able to display their contents or restore.  With an external drive, there were no issues.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Would love to get this working again.

Chuckmedic

• Calf
Yes, I am experiencing the same issue with my LinkStation 220. Unable to find anything from Apple but it truly appears to be related to Big Sur!

mmg436

• Calf
I am also seeing the same thing on my TerraStation TS3210D.  Big Sur no longer supports AFP.  I tried with SMB but that doesn't work either.  Is anyone from Buffalo working on a fix?