Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo Password Reset  (Read 39633 times)

aspiadas

• Calf
Linkstation Pro Duo Password Reset
« on: November 16, 2008, 08:28:02 AM »

Hello,

I have a Linkstation Pro Duo

Model LS-W1.0TGL/R1

Fimware 1.02

I am not able to access the web admin. Somehow I have lost my password, or the system

has been hacked. Of course I have tried the default.  I tried the hints on the knowledge

base but I think those procedures are for different products.  Could anyone help me please ?

thanks

Ian

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo Password Reset
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »
hold in the reset button for 30 sec then try the defaults again.

aspiadas

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »
   No that unfortunately does not work. Any other ideas ?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »
There is an option in the firmware to keep admin password if the unit is reset.  If this option is set then it will not default.  I would back up your data and send it in for an RMA.

tomcat_2k1

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »

I don't know if you got your Linkstation reset, but the instructions in the first reply you got was wrong.

You have to shut the unit off, wait about 90 seconds till its off. Now while holding the function button turn the unit to "ON" and continue to hold the function button for 6 seconds. This should reset the password to "password" and you can then change it from there. Now once it power light stops blinking blue and turns green try to log in and see if it changed..

I had the same problem as you, but I found a better post from the company to explain it.

aspiadas

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 02:40:33 AM »
   Thanks but I have a different system to you. I have no function button. Just a reset button.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 06:25:37 PM »

I don't know if you got your Linkstation reset, but the instructions in the first reply you got was wrong.

Youhave to shut the unit off, wait about 90 seconds till its off. Nowwhile holding the function button turn the unit to "ON" and continue tohold the function button for 6 seconds. This should reset the passwordto "password" and you can then change it from there. Now once it powerlight stops blinking blue and turns green try to log in and see if itchanged..

I had the same problem as you, but I found a better post from the company to explain it.

______________________________________________________________________________________

This will put the device into EM mode and not reset the unit back to factory defaults.  This mode is a different function similiar to a "safe mode"  very effective for most cases. 

aspiadas

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
   Thanks for the replies.  I got it sorted out.  After upgrading to the latest firmware it started to work again.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »

There is 2 versions of the LS pro Duo one has a reset button labeled INIT the other has a function button, both are used very differently.

alamba

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 02:11:24 AM »

Hi Paul,

My LS pro duo is version 3 and has a FUNC buttom with 2 USB ports. Overnight, my admin password has stopped working, what would be the right way to reset this? You'd indicated a EM mode, how can I enable that and then rectify the problem?

Everything else continues to work, the shares, guest user account, etc. But not the admin password. What would make something like this happen?

Best,

Akshay

alamba

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 02:25:31 AM »

Tried the following: http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?message.uid=9438#U9438

Looks like my unit is not set for password reset on using the function button. What are my options at this point to regain admin control without loss of data?

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 02:42:33 AM »

Hold the Func button in for 15 seconds to reset the basic settings.

To boot into EM mode, hold the Func button as you power the unit on and release/press again when the light starts flashing for another 5 seconds... Though as Paul mentioned early in this thread, it is not a way to reset settings.

alamba

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 02:50:16 AM »

Tried the following: http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?message.uid=9438#U9438

Looks like my unit is not set for password reset on using the function button. What are my options at this point to regain admin control without loss of data?

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 02:58:36 AM »

Oh sorry, didnt see page 2.

If you set the unit to not reset the password, then there is no way to reset the password without changing it!

alamba

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 03:08:39 AM »

So I'm all out of options other than discarding this unit if I need admin access? A firmware upgrade won't help? I'm already on 3.09. I mean there's got to be a way for me to get this box back under control right? Considering that I didn't do anything to change the password, it just stopped working, should I RMA it?

A