Author Topic: S1400D Fall off network once a day.  (Read 1073 times)

Monty_Python

• Calf
S1400D Fall off network once a day.
« on: December 09, 2020, 08:41:01 AM »
Hello. Sorry if this is a very ignorant post. I did check the titles of the sticky threads and the first few pages of the forum and assumed my issue wasn't extremely obvious.

Win10 updated, NasNavigator 2 3.0.0, TS1400D76A firmware 1.66. I believe I'm updated on a fronts. My drive falls off the network about one to two times a day. I don't have the exact error message for you from NasNavigator, but it's generic. I simply power it on and off to get it back on the network. After it's off the network, the lights on the front seem to be as if there were no problems at all. White for each drive, and a solid green.

The drive has been working on this system as is, with no conscious changes for about 3 years. I haven't updated my router in a while is my only thought. I haven't tried a new network cable yet, but wiggling the cable while it's on the network doesn't make it fall off. Just trying to get in front of the problem in case this means the unit is dying. I don't have advanced network experience, but enough to set up a router and nas drive myself.

I do get a lot of power outages here. One was a bout a week ago. This issue started happening about 3 days ago.

I will double check the lights on the front next time it falls off the network, but I believe what I remember last night, they showed no change in status.

Any suggestions would be fantastic. Or maybe a veteran user here can simply point me in the right direction here on the forum.

Thanks for reading!