Author Topic: Linkstation Quatro Dead!!!  (Read 1465 times)

vorpid

• Calf
Linkstation Quatro Dead!!!
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:52:29 AM »

So my Linkstation Quatro will not start up anymore.  I have tried different power cords and different data cables.  All with the same effect - nothing.  When I do flip the power switch to "on" I can hear a faint hum of something inside wanting to do somethng but nothing happenes.The fans do not turn the drives do not spin up, nothing.  Has anyone come across this before?  And i if so how did you fix it?  I have them in a RAID-1 (i believe, it is 4x250 but I have like 650Gb's that are useable).  I am out of warranty so I do not expect much help in that department. 

But I have a mac book pro 2.53Ghz, 4Gb ram, 350Gb HD, OSX 10.6.2.  The device is a HD-Q1.0TSU2/R5US (those u's could be v's, they are not very definate in what they are.)

Anything else you might wish to know to help?

Thanks

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Quatro Dead!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 11:10:47 AM »

Sorry sounds like a power supply issue along with the fact that the ls quad doesn't allow you to swap drives into another shell.  And it sounds like you had the device in a raid 5 setup with the amount of usable space in there where it strips the data across all four drives.  We don't have any diagrams to open the chassis and test.  Hopefully you can find a third party resource in diagnosing the power issue you are having.  Good luck and sorry for the inconvience.