Author Topic: about SLM software in HD-PE500U2  (Read 1959 times)

yske

• Calf
about SLM software in HD-PE500U2
« on: December 11, 2009, 01:27:07 AM »

I got a problem in using the software.

As i got many mahcines, first i have created an encryption box in one PC.

After that i saved something inside, then switched to another PC to open the box.

After i typed my PW, it prompt an error message said i cannot open the file etc and don't let me log in.

But when i move back to the first PC which is the born place of the encryption box, it lets me log in and read/write.

A bit confusing because i can only access to the content i have encrypted in one PC!

But i think the idea of the software shouldn't be like that. Did anyone got the same problem too?

If yes, how to use it in different PC?

Thanks a lot!

yske

• Calf
Re: about SLM software in HD-PE500U2
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 01:30:24 AM »

I tried this in 6 machines, with windows XP/Vista/Windows 7. But only the 1st machine can access to the encryption box (win XP one.)

I tried to delete the box in 1st mahcine and move to win7 one to open a new box.

After that only the win7 one and the 1st one as mentioned above can access to the encryption box.

I don't think that i need to open a new box in each machine and delete them all in order to access one encryption box. it is ridiculous!

Please help! THX~

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:00:10 AM »

You should be able to unlock it from another machine by going into the software and clicking on "unlock drive"

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 03:02:40 AM »

Cessna,

I already wrote a post to you telling you that I am doing my best to keep up.  The way you're going about things is not a good way to get things done.  If you don't have the same problem as the OP or have a solution to his problem, then please don't post in the thread.

I think out of all of the support forums that I go to on a regular basis this one is one of the most well maintained, moderator wise.