Author Topic: TwonkyVision Firmare Version.  (Read 2701 times)

cessna1466u

• Tatanka
TwonkyVision Firmare Version.
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:55:35 AM »

I noticed that Twonky shows on their website that they recently released a new version of their program with updates. How do we check to see if we have the latest version on our Linkstation that uses Twonky? Are we able to upgrade the version that is on our linkstation?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: TwonkyVision Firmare Version.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 03:05:05 AM »

You cannot upgrade only twonky as far as I know.

davidperez74

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 10:52:34 AM »

Good Questions Cessna.PCPiranha, how will Twonky upgrade his Linkstation. Your response makes no sense. His question is about updating the Twonky service on his Linkstation. Can you please explain. Thanks

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 02:54:53 AM »

I understand the question, you cannot upgrade twonky, as far as I know

EDIT:  The reason I said "only" is because I am not sure if it gets updated with firmware (I doubt it but haven't confirmed)

davidperez74

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »

So we could be using a Twonky version that is 3 years old and wont be able to take advantage of any of the new updates like the rumored update of being able to show artwork on video files? Can you please confirm if indeed it gets updated via firmware. I still have a few more days left on my 30 day return and dont want to be stuck with a product that will be outdated in 6 months when updates come out. Thanks

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 05:43:44 AM »

"Good Questions Cessna"

Also David, please do not create a second username just to back yourself up, we can see your wan IP address.

imbackagain

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:34 AM »

"Good Question"? What is the answer? Or is there no answer, are you just the go around and ban/delete users mod? I have to create another user becasue you guys can't seem to answer the 2 simple questions that I have put out here. I apologize if I have been rude but you have to understand that when a customer is asking a simple question and instead of an answer I get a "good question" or even worse I get ignored for 1 week, then the customer starts to get upset. All I want to know is if the album artwork that is embedded into my mp4 files should be displayed. I already called twonky and they said to call Buffalo. A simple question with yes or no and maybe an explanation as to why?

jeffla

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 01:22:49 PM »

I think the answer is clear, they probably won't be updating the twonky server built in.  

imbackagain

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 01:29:04 PM »

I know you are probably correct but that just doesnt seem like good product support. We are 2 releases behind on a product that technically is new. Really disapointing.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »

The good question was a quote from your Cessna account when you were trying to "back yourself up",  this was one of the many reasons for your ban.  You are getting answers, as other people can plainly see.  Just because they're not the answers you like, doesn't mean they aren't answers to your question.

jeffla

• Tatanka
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 04:34:16 PM »

I don't disagree, I chalk this whole Buffalo buying experience up as lesson learned.  I had to fight with them to get the advertised iphone support to work. 

All we can do is learn from our buying mistakes.  You can argue with them till your blue in the face, but lack of support is just that, lack of support.  Arguing with them will not make them support their products.

I do feel though, that the moderators on this board/800 tech support try their best.  They just work for a pretty poor company when it comes to customer support/retention.   I have dealt closely with a few of them to resolve my iphone issues and it was obvious when thier hands are tied.  They are always waiting on the developers in Japan to get their act together.  Leaving them helpless/supporless you could say.

My suggestion, take external routes to solve your needs.  I will not be more specific than that.