Author Topic: Deleting BitTorrent Files and Folders  (Read 9468 times)

dagerman

• Calf
Deleting BitTorrent Files and Folders
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:00:15 AM »
   After enabling BitTorrent I can't delete the downloaded files from the directory. Also can't delete the folders. Using Mac OS X - saying I don't have privileges to delete. Can't set permissions. Any ideas?

gnas969

• Calf
Re: Deleting BitTorrent Files and Folders
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
   Same here , welcome to my nightmare.

gnas969

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
   ditto

dagerman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »

OK,

My solution is to create a share directory "Downloads" and set that for the BitTorrent directory. Copy the downloaded files to another directory "Shared" and then delete the "Downloads" folder when it starts to collect too many files. Then recreate the folder and start over.

gnas969

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:23:02 PM »
   I tried something similar before by creating a sub folder in my SHARE drive called "My_Stuff" but when I go to assign "\Share\My_Stuff" in the download manager screen setting screen and hit "apply" then press button go to BT manger it returns a "page not found " error. It only brings up the Download manger page if I have the Download path drive set to "\Share". Any other folder causes it to return a web page error. So I always end up having to use the root folder and all files always go into BTTORRENT folder. I did notice it did try creating a "Bittorrent" folder inside the "\Share\My_Stuff" folder though,  but since it won't bring up the manager screen it won't allow anything in there. So it seems that it will always put files in the BTTOREENT folder no matter what the selected subfolder is.  Is this correct? Who is to say that folder isn't protected by permissions of some sort.

dagerman

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
   Don't put the sub folder in SHARE. I had to rename the share folder move everything to a new folder and then delete the old SHARE folder. If you create your download folder in the root, then you can delete the folder with all of the BitTorrent files.

BuffaloBrian

• BLBeta
  • <Insert car metaphor here>
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:34:17 PM »

We are aware of this problem and are working to rectify it.  As it stands now, the work around is to delete and recreate the share that the BitTorrent downloader downloads too (thus, I recommend creating a specific BitTorrent share so you don't delete other stuff on your NAS).  However, if you delete the share, you may need to reconfigure your BitTorrent settings afterwards as well.

I will post once a fix has been provided.

gnas969

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:40:15 PM »
   looking forward to a fix. Please notify,

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 05:27:12 AM »

There a few limitations which will be resolved with the next firmware update in early December 2008.
1. The BitTorrent client does not work in a German interface.
2. The BitTorrent files and folders are write protected, which means they can't be renamed, moved or deleted. We need to setup a specific share for BitTorrent and this share can be removed when it needs to be.
3. TimeMachine can fail on some unit's, if this happen, please install the newest firmware from our website.

Hope this answers your question.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dagerman

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 09:01:13 AM »

While you're at it, could you fix the NasNavigator icon from popping up on the Mac taskbar. It didn't happen until I flashed the firmware, now it pops up every 20-30 seconds. Then it goes away. If you click on it while it is up, it says that the program is not responding. I have deleted NasNavigator entirely from my system and it still pops up.

Thanks

shaun

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 01:50:07 PM »

Yes I have this exact same problem too. Just upgaded to 1.02 - still suffering the same issue.

Many thanks, 

Shaun

benjsmith74

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »
   I have this same issue.  Is there a timeline on when this fix will be available?  My wife has already downloaded several gigabytes of data that is no longer needed... I have spent over 36 hours trying to delete the files and am starting to get frustrated....

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
Buffalo is looking in mid December

aquamoth

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »

It's now end of dec-08 and still no official fix (please correct me if I'm wrong).

A solution for the more advanced is of course to use acp_commander to login through telnet and just delete the files from there. (Does this void my warranty as some has suggested?)

A question on the topic though, if any buffalo engineers care to comment; Can I not just use telnet to set the write-bit for "everyone" on the bittorrent folder and have the whole problem solved, or will the bittorrent client go haywire? I havn't tested this yet as there was a promise of a new firmware but I'm growing impatient...

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »

Using 3rd party software on the unit will void the warranty.  I will check to see what the status of the firmware is.