Author Topic: Terastation to Terastation Pro backup failure since Daylight Saving Time  (Read 2532 times)

arobinson

• Calf

Hello,

I have two terastations. One is a HS-DHTGL/R5 2.14 (NY office) and the other is a TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.26 (NH office). We have been backing up the devices to each other for months with no issues at all. Now the NH terastaion backs up to the NY terastation but the NY terastation no longer backs up to the NH terastation. We get the following error from the log of the NY terastation.

-------- BEGIN BACKUP 2009/11/28 09:00:02 array1/jbc_shared -> JOSE@array1/jbcBackup --------
rsync: failed to connect to 192.168.155.109: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107) [sender=2.6.8]
-------- END BACKUP 2009/11/28 09:03:16 array1/jbc_shared -> JOSE@array1/jbcBackup --------

One piece of info that may help is that this seems to have started when the time changed. The NH terastation has the right time but the NY terastation has the wrong time. Does that matter? Seems the NY to NH backups started failing when Daylight Saving Time took place.

The last time i had to change the time on the NY terastation it crashed and one of the drives had to rebuild itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Terastation to Terastation Pro backup failure since Daylight Saving Time
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »

Looks like you have found your answer, with backup jobs each device needs to be within 5 minutes or closer of each other for them to properly communicate.  Have someone local or vpn to the device to make sure the clock is right on the nh device.

arobinson

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »

thanks for the quick response. i do have a question. the last time i changed the time on the NY terastation it crashed. i had to upgrade the firmware and let it rebuild itself. will the same thing happen if i change the time? that was almost a year ago.

arobinson

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:52:01 AM »

thanks for the info. the backups ran over the weekend with no problem!!

i appreciate your help,

alex