Author Topic: LS-CH1.0TL Stopped working. Flashing blue lights  (Read 20335 times)

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CH1.0TL Stopped working. Flashing blue lights
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 12:26:27 AM »

You  cannot do this on a Mac you can only do it from a PC.

clarat

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »

I've got same problem with the em-state. I'm just a normal guy without special skills in computer stuff. Could you please tell me what "flashing the firmware" means. I guess its upgrading it. Not sure though. Could you also give a link to the exact firmware I need. I have a LS-CHL-V2 NAS that is made in China. I read somewhere that country of origin hade an influense on what firmware to download. How do I download the firmware to the NAS? I think that buffalo really have a bad troubleshooting site. I am totally lost without help from you guys.

All help will be appreciated very much.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 04:03:50 AM »

Go to the home page of our website and click on the map in the upper right hand corner.  Then select your region.  Go to support then downloads and download the firmware for your unit to the desktop of your computer.  Extract the file (right click > extract all) and run the LSUpdater, then click update.  Make sure that you are hardwired (not wireless), all of your firewalls are disabled and that the NASNAVI is closed out.

clarat

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 02:11:16 AM »

Hi PcPiranha

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I did what you wrote and now I have contact with my NAS again without the EM-mode :smileyhappy:  Thanks again for your support.

chase

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 04:16:45 AM »

I have the same issue...have been reading through the forums and tried the tftp procedure but it didnt work...the blue light is continously flashing and i have no contact whatsoever with the drive...directly via ethernet or via the router...

Most people seem to get an error message but mine doesnt show up at all on the pc...

1. what should the ip setting on my pc be to connect to the drive?

2.i may have had a static ip before this happened...i cant remember what it was set to...is there any way to trace it back?

3. if the tftp procedure works, will i lose all my data?

ive had this drive for less than a month before this issue....really frustrated!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 02:30:37 AM »

"I have the same issue...have been reading through the forums and tried  the tftp procedure but it didnt work...the blue light is continously  flashing and i have no contact whatsoever with the drive...directly via  ethernet or via the router."

The TFTP procedure is the only solution we have for a unit that won't boot.

"1. what should the ip setting on my pc be to connect to the drive?"

It should say in the FAQ, 192.168.11.1

"i may have had a static ip before this happened...i cant remember what  it was set to...is there any way to trace it back?"

Not that I know of

"3. if the tftp procedure works, will i lose all my data?"

No.

chase

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 03:58:46 AM »

My router is able to detect the drive on IP 192.168.0.2

I connected the drive directly via ethernet to my pc and was able to ping it on the same address....but the nas navi still doesnt detect it... this means i cannot even proceed witht the tftp method...you mentione E04, E06 like error codes...i havent received any of those...it simply says there is no linkstation found...and still continously flashes blue lights.... any suggestions?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 04:13:00 AM »

Is it the power light or the function light?  If its getting an IP address then its booting up.  So can you see it with the NASNAVI?

chase

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 05:39:50 AM »

Both lights are continously flashing blue...the nasnavi does not detect the drive...but my pc is able to ping the drive...

i have tried the tftp method and the drive is not sending the tftp requests...

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »

Did you hold down the function button as you turned the unit on?  If its getting an IP then it should show up with the NASNAVI.  Then again this is the first time I have ever heard of a unit constantly flashing blue and getting an IP

chase

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 04:18:35 AM »

Sorry about the late response but i got really frustrated with it and didnt bother with it...now i need some data back...so im at it again...

both power and function lights still flashing blue after booting while holding the function button...connect to pc and get a message of "limited or no conncetivity"

nas navi cannot detect the drive....

tftp does not send any requests...

is it running a scandisk?

please help....

cheers

Phalck

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 02:50:52 PM »

I had the same problem with flashing blue lights with my LS-CHL. Mine started after I had people in the house doing work with the electricity. They turned it on and off continuously over the course of the day...

I could not make the LS-CHL boot to EM mode by pressing the Function key as instructed in the FAQ here

I was however able to make it boot to EM using this method.

Now the firmware update worked up until it prompted me for a password.... its not the default password!!! Use the password that you changed it to before and you should be fine.

Even if you dont enter the password at the end of the update process, the update goes through. I could access the webadmin interface and look through the settings even when the updater was stuck on the password screen.

In short it was the disconnect power every 75 seconds thing that made it work again .... archaic...

/Mattias

Norman

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »

Look no futher, I have been trying for 24hrs without sleep.

Finally, get it working,

Power cycle for 75sec, if power blue lights stay on at 65sec, if not power cycle again until power blue led stay on permanetly. after which, flash the firmware using Buffalo LS-QL updater Ver.1.11 in debug mode.

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/LS-CH1-0TL-Password-Reset/td-p/8102/highlight/true/page/12

Frankly saying, I am in Electronics design sector, NAS is supposed to be stable to store critical information with RAID1/5 config.. apparently not!!!

CapnSmith

• Buffalo
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »

Do keep in mind that flashing your unit with firmware designed for another model may impede functionality of your device and may result in a non-functioning unit.

We do not support flashing units with other model's firmware.

Norman

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »

Thanks and noted that my model is LS-QL/1D.

I am referencing the solution from LS-CH1.0TL thread, as no clear instruction for LS-QL/1D from "EM Mode boot procedures" for my model.