Author Topic: LS-CH1.0TL Stopped working. Flashing blue lights  (Read 20333 times)

fknandrew

• Calf
Re: LS-CH1.0TL Stopped working. Flashing blue lights
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 08:56:32 AM »

I have the same blue flashing light issue.  Would using a firmware from a different region but the same model be a problem?  I bought mine in Japan but would prefer to download from the North America site so that the instructions will be in English.

By the way my unit wont turn off even if  I switch it off, it just keeps blinking.  Would it still be ok to power cycle it while blinking?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »

Fknandrew, your unit seems to not be booting. I would try resetting it and see if you get any kind of error codes. You might have to try FAQ 2 of 5 or 3 of 5. You could try different firmware from different regions if you do the force udpate procedure, but I would not recommend it and cannot support it.

hlt4668

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »

Yes, flashing firmware from the incorrect region (i suspect) caused my LS-CH500L to become inoperational.  It was only  functional again after tftp booting and forcing a firmware reflash (with correct EU firmware) with a drive reformat.

ferry

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 08:58:50 AM »

Hi Jotin,

I have after upgrade to version 1.56 the same problem constantly flashing blue lights and the nas can't start up.

I hear the HDD start en stop wile the blue light ( both) flashes.

I think he can't boot and i can't access the nas by nasnavi or web.

what can I do to access the nas or resetting.

Thanks

Ferry

z_c00l

• Calf
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 06:15:44 AM »

Mine too. But the failure symptom is different from described.

Basically got mine for about a year. No issue in performing firmware update etc. Was able to copy, download, upload, stream etc with no real problem.

But just yesterday, the unit just fail to turn ON. The fan was still functioning, but the blue LED just won't light up. It can't be detected in the network as well.

Very dissappointed as most of my photo and documents are in the drive.

Anyone faced same situation. Any remedy?

manasdatta

• Calf
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »

Hi, the link above is no longer active. Has it been moved elsewhere? I dropped my drive for about a 30cm height and the light is flashing blue continuously. 

suren60

• Calf
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »

Hello PCPiranha,

I am also experiencing difficulty in booting my LS-CH1.0TL and in reading through this thread, I found your link to a step by step guide in recovering the NAS. However, clicking on the link does not take me to the guide. Could you please advise on how I could get this guide.

Thanks

suren60

Steverobbins

• Calf
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »

Yup I`m another that is experiancing the flashing blue light.  Seems that buffalo have really really bad support structureds for people havign problems. 5 times i have tried to contact support. and every one failed. so i tried this. The links are missing and there is no real answer to any ones questions. next NAS i buy wont be a buffalo. IF any one out there does know how to solve this problem i would consider them a god. 

Steverobbins

• Calf
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »

Anyone wanting to get into the mysical EM mode do the following. with the NAS off press and hold the button on the front and turn on to auto. the button will flash. it will then connect in EM  or Emergency Mode

Steverobbins

• Calf
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2013, 05:09:37 PM »

I am wasted on this site. lol. OK. full methodology for removing this problem.

boot your linkstation in EM mode by booting up while the front button is depressed.

If you havent got it installed. get the NAS Navigator installed on your PC.  Interrogate this to get the details you need for the rest of this.       Download the respective Firmware Update for your NAS. 

Disable firewall and AV software as well as any anti spyware to be safe.

Unpack and run the Firmware Update Software. 

Go and make your self a caffine based hot beverage

Take Vallium

Wait some more.

make more coffee.

Become a master of origami snowballs.

Check to see if it was successful. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES Do not turn off the link station. it will flash orange 2 long 5 short then flash blue for quite a while. 

GL in your quest. Takes a bow *thats how you post a solution*

bsuttie

• Calf
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2013, 06:15:00 AM »
Thank you Steve.  This just solved my problem.  Firmware successfully updated and drive now back on line.
Haven't had to touch it in two and a half years.  Hope this isn't an indication of impending failure?

regards

Brian