Author Topic: Buffalo Drivestation Flexnet Connect to SMB?  (Read 6185 times)

sflybuss

• Calf
Buffalo Drivestation Flexnet Connect to SMB?
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:07:23 PM »

I keep getting this message CONNECT TO SMB when I attempt to access the share folder on this drive. When I fill in username and password I am unable to login. 

I tried to do a Ghost Backup and found that the drive was formatted with FAT so I tried an NTFS convert which failed due to erros on the drive which I tried to remedy with CHKDSK which seemed to work but I stil got error when I tried to convert so I copied the foldes in the drive to a new location, formatted the drive, converted the drive and returned the folders.  Since then I am unable to acces the drive over the network.  I am able to login to the configuration page but not the drive itself.  USB access is no problem.

Please help!   

sflybuss

• Calf
Re: Buffalo Drivestation Flexnet Connect to SMB?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 07:41:34 AM »
   Bump...

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
To get the unit back to both LAN/USB you have to remove the partition on a PC via USB.  Then when the drive is unallocated you can reboot the unit and the lan software will find it, allowing you to format it back to fat32 enabling both USB and Ethernet.

sflybuss

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 06:26:56 AM »

Paul,

Thanks for the reply...

Won't removing the partition delete all the information on it?  Can the drive be NTFS and retain the dual USB/Ethernet funtionality.  With FAT there is a 4GB size limit on files which isn't going to be enough to hold a ghost image.

sflybuss

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:10:37 PM »
   BUMP

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »

Formatting will delete all the data.

the unit has to be in FAT to keep duel functions.