Author Topic: TS51210R onedrive sync doesn't work  (Read 1423 times)

theviking28

• Calf
TS51210R onedrive sync doesn't work
« on: September 21, 2020, 08:16:09 AM »
What is the deal with the onedrive sync?  We have a 1gbps internet connection, set up a simple onedrive sync job to sync a folder and it fails randomly every time.  I have it set for 60 min intervals but yet also set to only sync between 2-8am so I would expect the 60 min thing is irrelevant.  I would expect it to sync from 2-8am each night. 

It tries and gets just a little bit of data and then always ends in a failure state.  It has like 40GB done out of 4TB so far after several days of running. 

The only help offered in the help area suggests to turn down the number of concurrent threads or tasks or whatever, and so I did that from the default of 4 down to 2 in the nas, and it still made no difference. 

We are on the latest firmware which is 4.60-0.30

doment

• Calf
Re: TS51210R onedrive sync doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 06:21:03 PM »
Oh it gets worse.  If you ever get it to sync, it NEVER syncs everything.  You can add / remove / change files on one side or the other and you're lucky if the change is reflected on the other side.  Some files never copy.  There is no way to force a rescan or resync or anything.  If you remove the sync and put it back it starts all over from the beginning of resyncing EVERYTHING even though the files already exist.  The cloud sync is unreliable at best.