Author Topic: Sleep disabled but still sleeping?  (Read 51 times)

phirephoto

• Calf
Sleep disabled but still sleeping?
« on: September 16, 2020, 08:13:09 pm »
Hi All,

I have a Buffalo Terastation, Firmware 1.73 (Latest I believe?) All sleep timers are disabled. HDD Spindown is disabled. I map to it from a few computers - 2 notebooks (1 with dual boot Linux/ Win 10, and a macbook pro) and a desktop with win 10.
So - I put the Desktop to hybernate overnight. Every day when I turn the PC back on, the drive isn't connected. It takes a good 5-10 minutes before I can connect to it.
Today, I went to reboot my desktop while I was on the macbook, and when the Desktop rebooted, the Macbook said something like "G Drive" (what I've named the map) is going offline" or something - flashed pretty quick, then lost connection to the NAS until the desktop rebooted.
Only thing I have installed on the desktop that I can think would cause this - wondering if it's the issue is Buffalo NAS Navigator.  Is that necessary? Is that what's causing this?

phirephoto

• Calf
Re: Sleep disabled but still sleeping?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:23:09 am »
And I set up a daily e-mail from the NAS, set for midnight. The e-mail wasn't sent until a few minutes after I powered on my desktop.

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
Re: Sleep disabled but still sleeping?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:21:52 am »
Which nas do you have?
Is there an AUTO position on your power switch?