Author Topic: Share folder not visible/unable to connect to HD-CELU2  (Read 2751 times)

Zunaid

• Calf
Share folder not visible/unable to connect to HD-CELU2
« on: November 22, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »

I have the HD-CELU2 (Drivestation 2 share) 640GB  model and was using it on my Network with no trouble. All of a sudden, folder contents showed no files and in some folders I started seeing Japanese file names. The NAS drive is accessed by a Windows 7, Windows XP and a Mac OX 10.4 machine - never had issues to prior to today.

I decided to reset to factory defaults - I am able to access it via the browser but on the "Basic" menu, there is no information on disk capacity. Previously, it showed me the amount of storage I had used up.

I cannot access the \\[IP or Name\Share as it is asking for a username/password - and it does not accept the defaults. When I browse to the network on my Windows XP box, it shows the device but I cannot mount the shared folder (or any folder) is not visible.

I tried connecting via USB - the machine recognizes the device but I cannot access the storage.

Any ideas?

DumbTechDude

• Tatanka
Re: Share folder not visible/unable to connect to HD-CELU2
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:00:33 AM »

Try formatting the Flexnet drive from the GUI webpage under disk management.  Once formatted, do a disk check to see if there is any bad sectors that causes this.

When sharing multiple platforms, you need to keep in mind that the Flexnet is a FAT 32 device, which means that it can not retain permissions and special characters of files generated by a Mac computer even through SMB protocol.  I have a Mac running Leopard and it did the same with my 1Gb Flexnet too (total loss of information and corruption) and shared among Mac 10.3.9 (G4 computer) and Windows XP SP3 netbook.  Make sure you are saving files no larger than 3.9GB and limit simultaneous user access to the Flexnet.  I don't think it is designed to serve multiple users saving items from different computers either, so it has its limits.  The Flexnet seemed to be serving ok if computers are reading files off it.