Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation LS-W2.0TGL/R1-US failed  (Read 3086 times)

thespyder

• Calf
Buffalo Linkstation LS-W2.0TGL/R1-US failed
« on: November 23, 2009, 03:02:30 AM »

Hello,

I was asked to look at a Linkstation Pro (LS-W2.0TGL/R1) for a client. Last week it just up and would no longer show up

on anyones workstations. After looking at the unit, I found it blinking Orange 1 long, 2 short. After getting the NASexplorer to find it (It still was discoverable as 192.168.3.30), it showed up as in EM mode and that hard drive 1 had reached xxxxxx corrupt secors. I read all the manuals and posts, decided to flash the firmware. After many attempts, I was able to get it to be reconized as 192.168.11.150. The frist and second attemps failed (even with firewall and antivirus disabled), the third finally loaded. When it gets to the "Rebooting, waiting xxx seconds", it times out time after time. The power light blinks. After 5 minutes the light stops blinking and I am able to pull it up. Its still in EM mode. Figuring the flash failed, I tried again. Same problem. Still in EM mode.

I yanked the #2 drive, setup a Ubuntu VM, mounted the drive, and copied everything over to a exernal. Is there anything else I can do? Or is the unit trash? Would formatting the drives from Ubuntu help?

Thanks for the help guys!