Author Topic: LS-W2.0TGL/R1 Controller Failed - LS-WX2.0TL/R1 - Options to Recover  (Read 4371 times)

kaidoi888

• Calf
Hello. Please be patient with me, as it has been over 10 years since my last Buffalo failure (TeraStation Controller). Recently, my LinkStation failed, and it was attributed to a defective controller. I have had an unused LinkStation Duo (LS-WX2.0TL/R1) on the shelf for 10 years, and fired it up. After updating the firmware to 1.75, it is recognized on the network.

After my LinkStation failed, I bought a USB3.0 SATA enclosure, thinking I would be able to access my data by plugging it into my Windows and/or Mac devices. The hard drives were identified, but the data was not. That was when I learned that the data could only be accessed from a Linux machine (which I don't have).

I then removed the drives from my new LinkStation Duo and replaced them with the drives from the LinkStation. Unfortunately, the LSDuo was not recognized through NAS Navigator with the drives from the LS. I then replaced the original drives back into the LSDuo and it is now back on my network.

Two questions:

1. If I plug my USB3.0 SATA enclosure, with one of the drives from my original/failed LinkStation, will it mount and be visibile through my LinkStation Duo?, and

2. If I buy a functioning LinkStation from eBay to use as a new enclosure for my existing drives, should that work?

Thank you in advance.

jjhung88

• Calf
Re: LS-W2.0TGL/R1 Controller Failed - LS-WX2.0TL/R1 - Options to Recover
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 09:20:24 AM »
Hope this is not too late.
I had same thing happened to me. I bought the exact model second hand and put my drives in it and it work just like before.