Author Topic: Linkstation constantly disconnects from network  (Read 15043 times)

aaa

• Calf
Re: Linkstation constantly disconnects from network
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:15 PM »

I am also having the same problem with my LS-WX1.0TL/1D, however, I can ping it.  When I can connect and log into the management screen, I see that there is a fan hard drive error.  This unit is less than a year old.  This is the second Buffalo product I purchased, the 1st one was retired due to errors pointing to also a fan problem.  Is there a solution for this or do I need to go and buy a new system, different vendor?

aaa

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 10:13:00 PM »

additional info:

Firmware @ 1.37

Running static IP and have changed IP

hendu

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 08:14:50 AM »

I'm having the same issue of network connectivity dropping.  I have the latest firmware as well.

Should the switch on the back be in the ON or AUTO possition? I have it set to ON and have for 2 weeks and the problem has been happening since we purchased the unit.

Thank you.

aaa

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 08:49:18 AM »

Auto is used if you have installed their software.

I done with Buffalo products.  Two strikes not waiting for three.

stevegutteridge

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2023, 07:28:00 AM »
I have an HD-H250LAN which has started randomly disconnecting from the network, sometimes after only a few minutes, sometimes after an hour or two. Removing the LAN cable and reconnecting usually (but not always) fixes it, for a short while.

I thought the cable might be faulty, but I've swapped that out to no effect, and I also tried a different port on my router, to no effect.

However, I think I've now fixed it....   My model has a LAN cable cross-over switch on the back of it (later models do not, I believe). I think this switch might have got some dirt/dust in it, so I switched it back and forth a few times, to clean the contacts on the switch, and now it all seems to be ok!