Author Topic: Can't Free Up Drive space  (Read 3852 times)

MaximusIGN

• Calf
Can't Free Up Drive space
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:07:36 PM »

I have a Terastation Live HS-DH-TGL/R5 configured in a Raid5 setup with about 1.35Terabytes of space. It's a great piece of hardware but for some strange reason, when I delete files, I don't recover any space and now it's full.

So for example, if I access the drive via a share from my computer I can see all the files and folders with my free space showing as only 20Kb. If I then delete a 100Mb file, nothing happens. I still only have 20kb. I've delete large blocks but can't seem to recover any space.

Is there a utility or something extremely obvious I'm overlooking? I've read the manual from front to back, Google'd and searched the forums to no avail.

Thanks if you can assist. 

michiganian

• Calf
Re: Can't Free Up Drive space
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:06:13 AM »

Are you using a function called "Trash Box." It is similar to the Trash Box of Windows. When you delete files, files "move" to the Trash Box on the shared folder. You need to "delete" the Trash Box to free up drive space.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:42:26 AM »
   Log onto the Terastation GUI => Shared Folders => Select whatever folder => Recycle Bin: Disable => Apply
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

MaximusIGN

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:14:51 AM »
   Thanks for the answers guys!