Author Topic: TeraStation SMB Share Login Failures  (Read 129 times)

ImaginaryTango

• Calf
TeraStation SMB Share Login Failures
« on: February 22, 2024, 03:59:58 AM »
I'm using my Terastation for backups. (It's a TS3410D.) I have an SMB share with my username and in it I have a directory for backups. But whenever I reboot my Mac, I get notices from my backup program that it can't log in and mount the SMB volume on my TeraStation. When I'm on my Mac and browse the network and login to my Terastation with my user ID and password, it accepts me as a registered user, but my personal share does not show up in the windows. So I log in with the username and the appropriate SMB share is not visible.

Usually, at some point, after a lot of fiddling, I get the backup to read the share properly and I can read it in the Finder windows, but it's always after a lot of attempts so I'm never quite sure how I get my login to to work.

I just want to be able to log in, as a user, in Finder, or for my backup program to do the same, and for my SMB shares on my Terastation to be visible.

Of course, after a few years, Buffalo is not willing to provide any help, so I'm hoping I can get help here. (My experience with Buffalo, in getting help or dealing with returns in the past has been poor, so I don't have much faith in them at this point.)

ImaginaryTango

• Calf
Re: TeraStation SMB Share Login Failures
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 02:07:06 AM »
I thought this would be a simple issue about what settings to change.

But considering my experience with Buffalo, I guess I should have known better than to get any answers or help.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: TeraStation SMB Share Login Failures
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 09:10:10 AM »
Sounds like you’ll want to look into how MacOS handles reconnecting to samba shares between sessions to see what options you have available