Author Topic: LS520D not found in Buffalo Navigator version 3.0  (Read 1180 times)

daniele.caso

• Calf
LS520D not found in Buffalo Navigator version 3.0
« on: February 07, 2020, 03:24:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm an owner of Buffalo LS520D which, at some point, no longer reach in any way possible. I have already reset the settings related to the admin login password and the static IP several times but, despite the ping command LSD520D responds with an IP correctly assigned by DHCP, if I write the address in the browser, the web interface no longer responds. I also took out both discs from the inside. What is happening? thank you

miles5759

• Calf
Re: LS520D not found in Buffalo Navigator version 3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 10:00:06 AM »
Hi did you ever get this sorted?
I have a very similar problem with an LS520.
All of a sudden I couldn't login as admin, the password would be accepted. So I ran the recommended method of resetting the admin password, but holding the red button whilst powering the device on.
From there things got worse.
Now I couldn't see the device in navigator, I can ping it, but if I put the IP address in a web browser it simply has a blank screen and IE says 'redirecting' and sits there.
Support sent me a new FW and told me to load it on a USB stick and reboot the device.
Still nothing.
The disks are fine, the data is still there. But the device is all but dead.
I'm being told I probably need a new device, but that the current disks will be wiped if I insert them in to the new device!

Anyone got any ideas?

Miles