Author Topic: hd-px500u2 cannot enter s/no from hd-px500u2 for downloading.  (Read 11303 times)

Don

• Calf
Re: hd-px500u2 cannot enter s/no from hd-px500u2 for downloading.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 07:17:38 AM »

Region: Malaysia

Purchase Location: Low Yat Plaza

Unit: HD-PX500U2/BK

S/N: 15563691000268

Hi this is Don from Malaysia, basically i have encountered the following problems and i find it really frustrating. I have been BUFFALO regular customer (personally have 2 x portable HD-PF500U2/BK, 1 x portable HD-PE250U2) which i encounter no problem.

Problems:

1) Same problem of 'Invalid serial number' (URL: http://www.buffalotech.com/support/validate/?MTUwfEhELVBYVTIuemlw)

2) I run vmware images (virtual machine) directly from the HD-PX500U2/BK on VMWare Server (Version 2.0.2 | 203138), after power off the virtual Machine and the host PC. The second time, i turn on the host PC and plug in the portable HD, i couldn't see the HD partition except the 'Utility_HD-PXU2 (F:)', the HD partition with most of the critical vmware images were GONE!!!

- I was seriously depressed & disappointed as it took long time to 're-do' the tasks.

Hope anyone could help?

Thanks.

winvinc

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »

Amm

I got same problem

I buy it from Thailand at Charmchuree Square

I go to my regional web site but no link to download

Could u send the link to me

I am using HD-PX500u2

My serial number is 15563690907100

I am using windows7 Professional

azheem

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 05:30:57 AM »

Hi!

I just bought HD-PX200U2 RED today. I'm from Indonesia.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, and i found that none of the bundled softwares and extra functions working (like turbousb and encryption). I tried to find the software on Buffalo Indonesa's site (http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?country=idn), but couldn't find software for HD-PXU2 series. Then I tried to find the software on Buffalo International's site (http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/), i finally found it and told me to enter the serial number, i've entered the serial number but it keep telling me this "Missing info: Product Series Missing ".

Any solution please?

(PS: Sorry for bad english.. ^^)

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:28:24 AM »

The "Buffalo International site" is actually the US site.  I would recommend contacting your local support and askng them to put the software on the website:

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/contact/

azheem

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 07:35:41 AM »

hey!

nice to see that someone answered my question..:smileyhappy:, i've tried the link that you give me, and i try this link:http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/downloads ( i think it's the international site?). I've choose the HD-PX:Mini Station with(tm) with hardware encryption in Choose a Buffalo Product section, then some download options appeared, and i choose CD Images download, finally it redirected me to this page:http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/validate/?NzkwfEhELVBYVTJfQ0RfMTEwX1dpbjctMzItNjQuemlw. I choose HD-PX500U2-RD in Product Series Name section, and entered my Serial Number (i don't think it's ok to post my SN here, but ican PM-ing you if it's needed). Then i click submit button, but it told me that i entered invalid SN?(wtf)

Need your help here..:smileysad:

azheem

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 08:35:13 AM »

i'm going crazy over here.... arrghhhh

Buffalo Indonesia doesn't provide HD-PXU2 driver..(WTF!) and i can't find the e-mail contact for Buffalo Indonesia...

i just realize that, mine is japan made, but i bought it in Indonesia.. so it means i must download it from Buffalo Japan?

and about my SN, there's letter [G] in the end of SN, what's that mean..

but if u wouldn't mind, could you just send me the download link?? please..

i don't know (i don't see the point), why Buffalo telling us to enter SN for download the driver? while other hardware manufacturer doesn't? have u ever been asked for SN when u download driver for ur printer, graphic card, etc?? OMG....

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 10:12:25 AM »

We have bundled software in the download. This requires a confirmation that you purchased the Buffalo product that comes with the bundled software, before you download.  PM one of the mods in this thread with your serial number  - they can send you the USA drivers.

kritkab

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 12:35:07 AM »

I bought one (white) from bangkok and i cant use it with windows7. I cant download driver since invalid serial all the time. how can i use it on my windows7?

Thank you,

bookky30

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 09:00:13 PM »

I just found this subject...

Can I re-post my question again in here ?

I also have a similar problem with you guys.

I just bought my Ministation HD-PX500U2 in Japan but cannot download the english software using my serial number.

Can someone please provide a complete serial number so I can download and get the software, or provide a d/l link?

FYI, this HDD actually already pre-installed with Japanese setup software, however, I'm more comfortable with English one.

Thanks for your help !

cheungtsw

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »

To moderator,

Can you give me the link to download HD-PX500U2 (black) software?

Thx.

thirstylizard

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »

I have the same issue of not able to use the issue numbers to download software. In fact I have two 500G , one black and one red. Just wondering there is ever any response or help from Buffalo. I made a big mistake of buying this for my Macbook Pro and found that the encryption software does not work in Mac OS X. Anyway have any idea. The one used for Windows 7 works fine but once I plug that into the Macbook pro, it is not recognised.

I am tearing my hair out now.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 01:55:28 AM »

As of right now there is nothing that you can do.  I apologize for the inconvience.  If you guys need the software please feel free to contact us through a PM and we can see what we can do for you even if your outside of the US, Canada, Australia.

cheungtsw

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 07:32:24 AM »

Please delete if this is not appropriate.

You can download from the HK distributor.

http://support.hornington.com/download/buffalo/Buffalo_HDD_Utility/DriveNavigator_for_HD-PXU2/drivenavi_pxu2_wr_110.zip

TByte

• El Toro
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:52 AM »

Yes, that is an appropriate post.  Please let us know if you are trying the download and if it works or if you are finding issues with the download.  Thank you Cheungtsw!

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 04:04:57 AM »

If you haven't gotten the software yet, I sent you a PM with a link for you.