Author Topic: Access Denied to NAS in Windows 10  (Read 3663 times)

rdo1104

• Calf
Access Denied to NAS in Windows 10
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:23:45 AM »
Hi

New to the forum so apologies if this has been covered before but I can't seem to locate the same issue in here, here goes:

I have a Linkstation LS220D, it's been running for a few years with no issues until recently. It has latest firmware 1.70-0.01 and I'm running Windows 10. When I access my PC I initially get a notification stating that not all drives are connected. In file explorer I can see Share (\\LS220Dxxx) (L:). When trying to access the drive I am presented with a Windows Security credentials request. I type in the admin creds for the NAS and then get "Access is Denied).

So I cannot transfer or sync anything to the NAS. I can access my NAS using the IP address and I can log in as admin so I know I have the right creds.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

rdo1104

• Calf
Re: Access Denied to NAS in Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 09:21:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply Lewis however, when following the instructions the NAS drive and indeed all other drives are not visible when I go to Map Network Drives :-(

Thoughts?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 08:25:19 AM »
Probably because Windows update disabled SMB version 1. Take a look at this:

https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/windows-10-cannot-access-shares-on-nas

Tim K

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 11:17:38 AM »
Windows 10 kept prompting me for a set of credentials and password to access my LS210D NAS, but continue to deny me access.  I must have spent a couple of days trying the various solutions posted on the web to figure this out.  Then just before I was going to go a fresh Windows 10 reinstall, I logged into the system as a different user.  Lo and behold, I found I was able to access the NAS without issue!  I deleted the windows account for the other user, added it again and everything worked fine.  I don't recall ever having problems like these with Windows 7!

Tim K

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 11:20:36 AM »
Windows 10 kept prompting me for a set of credentials and password to access my LS210D NAS, but continued to deny me access.  I  spent a couple of days trying various solutions posted on the web to figure this out.  Then just before I was going to perform a fresh Windows 10 reinstall, I logged into the system as a different user.  Lo and behold, I found I was able to access the NAS without issue!  I deleted the windows account for the other user, added it again and everything worked fine.  I don't recall ever having problems like these with Windows 7!