Author Topic: Windows 7 Pro can't see my NAS Tera HD - HTGL/5  (Read 3851 times)

kevinw

• Calf
Windows 7 Pro can't see my NAS Tera HD - HTGL/5
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:25:31 PM »

Just installed Windows 7 Pro and I can't see the Tera NAS in the Network browser. I can reach it with Explorer using the fixed IP address but it also won't let me map it as a solution. No problems with XP seeing it on another computer. Using an Apple Extreme Router

jeffla

• Tatanka
Re: Windows 7 Pro can't see my NAS Tera HD - HTGL/5
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »

Probably a stupid question, but is network discovery enabled?

Have you rebooted?

kevinw

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »

Yes on the network discovery and yes on the re-booted. A lot.  2 other machines, running XP see it fine.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »

How are you trying to access it?

kevinw

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 06:50:06 PM »

My Network Places and/or My Computer where they show up on the XP Machines if I understand your question?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 07:23:04 PM »

Try going into your run command and typing in "\\IP" and let me know what happens.

kevinw

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »

Says "Windows cannot access \\IP - Check the spelling name otherwise there might be a problems with your network. "

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 07:40:31 PM »

You did type in "\\IP" IP being the IP address of the Terastation right?

kevinw

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 08:28:22 AM »

Too literal sorry :smileysurprised: . Typing in \\192.168.100.19 yields a Windows 7 browser with the main folders of the NAS listed in it.

kevinw

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 07:10:37 PM »

Anything?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »

That is how I would recommend accessing it.  If you want you can map the share folders by right clicking on them and going to "map network drive"

timryder

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 02:40:23 PM »

Have you figured this out yet? If not I DO know the solution :)

There is a setting in windows Local Security Policy which is incorrectly set by default for viewing an older communication protocol NAS.  

To access said setting go to the control panel in Windows 7, in Category view click on the text "System and Security", then click on the text "Administrative Tools". 

Now double click and open "Local Security Policy".

In the Local Security Policy screen on the left navigation tree, expand the "Local Policies --> Security Options" then about 2/3rd's the way down the list you'll see a Policy called "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level".  Double click and change the setting to be "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated."

Then just press OK and close all of the open windows and then try again :)  it should work.

BUFFALO TECH: Please put this in your documentation someplace because it took  me forever to find this.  

Thanks!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »

timryder wrote:

Have you figured this out yet? If not I DO know the solution :)

There is a setting in windows Local Security Policy which is incorrectly set by default for viewing an older communication protocol NAS.  

To access said setting go to the control panel in Windows 7, in Category view click on the text "System and Security", then click on the text "Administrative Tools". 

Now double click and open "Local Security Policy".

In the Local Security Policy screen on the left navigation tree, expand the "Local Policies --> Security Options" then about 2/3rd's the way down the list you'll see a Policy called "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level".  Double click and change the setting to be "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated."

Then just press OK and close all of the open windows and then try again :)  it should work.

BUFFALO TECH: Please put this in your documentation someplace because it took  me forever to find this.  

Thanks!

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10264&category_id=0&sid2=

Article posting in October 2009

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

scow

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 10:33:01 PM »

I like this answer but when i go to 

"To access said setting go to the control panel in Windows 7, in Category view click on the text "System and Security", then click on the text "Administrative Tools". 

Now double click and open "Local Security Policy"."

i dont have "Local Security Policy" as an option ???

jr

????