Author Topic: LS420D not loading webinterface  (Read 2898 times)

restinpeace

• Calf
LS420D not loading webinterface
« on: April 03, 2020, 04:07:32 AM »
Hello,
i have a strange Problem with this LS420 and loading the Webinterface.
I resetet the NAS, flashed a new Firmware 1.86 but i cant connect or load the Webinterface. It loads only half . I have a screenshot how to site is looking.

can anyone help me getting out of this error and anyone knows where i can download older firmwares for a downgrade ?
or at least is there a software which i can use to config the NAS. i have installed NAS Navigator 2. He tells me only that i have a connection error and he says he has a error to read the error messages lol ????

thx

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: LS420D not loading webinterface
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 06:35:07 AM »
This is typically resolved by clearing your browser cache

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 10:11:03 AM »
Maybe, but not in this case. I tried many browsers, cleared the cache but no luck. But when I load this over my smartphone, I get a message that the Nas is not answering. The url the has another link. Not /root.html  but http ip /sp/
Regards

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 10:14:02 AM »
I missed part of the original message. If the device is not showing in Nas Navigator you likely have a bigger problem.

what are the LEDs on the device doing?

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 06:07:16 AM »
Hi. They are blinking one long 4 short. Regards

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 06:14:23 AM »
And it is showing up in the navigator but I don't get the point why the navigator is necessary because it can only point to the web page from the Nas and show some messages or im wrong?

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 09:15:26 AM »
Not strictly necessary but can provide useful information.

You can see what the status LEDs mean here:
http://buffalo.jp/support_s/guide2/manual/ls/400/99/en/mobile_main.html?Chapter10#h2anc0

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »
Yes. It says Run the RAID array disk check in Settings.
 But how to get into the seetings when I can't login... 😎
Can I unplug the 2 hdds, format this in my pc and start from scratch with a older firmware or at least with a working one...

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 10:13:05 AM »
If you don’t need the data starting over fresh is a good idea, though downgrading the firmware wouldn’t accomplish anything.

The main thing you should look at is the health of the drives, the main reason an array would fail to mount or a raid scan taking forever os a drive that’s failing.

Here’s a post with info about doing a fresh install of the stock firmware:
https://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0

You can also install Debian Linux on these devices if you’re into that sort of thing:
https://github.com/1000001101000/Debian_on_Buffalo

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »
OK I try and look if I'm lucky to manage the job. Thx

Kane88

• Buffalo
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 10:06:25 PM »
I think I see part of the problem.

Try going to http://192.168.100.91

yours is going to HTTPS
and these units do NOT use secure

if that isn't it- then my guess is that the drives may very well be bad, and bad in area that the firmware is stored in.

If you're going to downgrade or reflash or wipe the drives to start over:
My suggestion is to take the drives out and put them on a windows machine- and get them surface tested, and then wiped.

Either get your drive mfr testing utilities, or get hd sentinel www.hdsentinel.com (or something similar) and run a full write surface scan on each disk.  I do this for each new disk I put in a NAS, or when this error happens.  This way you know if the drive is bad, before you set it up.

There may be a way to do the same kind of test in linux- a full write surface test.  But I don't know how that is done.

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 03:22:51 AM »
I tried all two. So ssl is not the problem. But yep I will wipe tomorrow the hdds. They are normally in good condition because before I tried to update the firmware, the Nas was working fine. I only first backuped the data into another new Nas, deleted all folders before I have done the flash but didn't delete the array....😎 Maybe that's why I get the error messages. Idk...

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 03:40:14 PM »
Today I tried to update the firmware over tftpd. It failed. I'm on windows 10.
I used the tfpt program from jounin. I renamed the 2 files  initrd and uimage into. Buffalo. Plugged directly the cable into my pc and gave him the ip x.x.11.1. The ls420 showed also up as..150 in my advanced ip scanner but not in the navigator. Before I had formatted, deleted the volumes and checked the surface from the 2 hdds in windows with partition manager. When I turn on the Nas I get a error code 7 times short. After pressing one time the button it blinks all the time white. Is that not the time when the device gets his firmware? I can wait for hours, but nothing changes.
Is there a procedure which I can follow to flash the device.??? Or what should I do....?!? Thx anyway from a little bit frustrated buffalo 🐃 Nas user.regards

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »
I managed to get the Nas into em mode but now when I run the firmware updater. It says to me no partition found, aborting. All 2 hdds are connected. What to do now?

restinpeace

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 04:54:38 PM »
Can be closed. I managed to get a working firmware into the device, and log into the Nas. Thx anyways