Author Topic: NAS Navigator2 does not start up LS-WXL/R1  (Read 1815 times)

Zni

• Calf
NAS Navigator2 does not start up LS-WXL/R1
« on: April 01, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »
I have two Windows 10 desktop PCs with which I’d like to use my LS-WXL/R1 (running firmware version 1.74). They both are connected to the same home network and are in the same subnet. I have set my LinkStation to boot up whenever a PC with NAS Navigator2 running is booted up. However, when I boot PC #2 with NAS Navigator2 (version 3.0.0., but I have the same issues with v. 2.91), the LinkStation does not start up. The LinkStation starts fine when I boot up PC #1 with its NAS Navigator2. I can access the web management interface from both PCs, and I can see the LinkStation in the NAS Navigators of both PCs, if the LinkStation is already running. The problem is that when I boot up PC #2, the LinkStation stays offline if it is not already running.

What could cause this problem? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: NAS Navigator2 does not start up LS-WXL/R1
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »
I believe they use wake-on-lan packets to accomplish this. The most obvious reason would be if those packets can't reach the device. This could be something on your PC like windows firewall stopping them or something related to your network like the device being on a different subnet than your PC.

Kane88

• Buffalo
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »
I believe they use wake-on-lan packets to accomplish this.

I just noticed recently on an HP system, that there are wake on lan settings in the PC BIOS for their Intel gigabit network cards.
If you can't find the WOL setting on the PC or windows driver, or if it is already on and still not working: you may want to check your pc bios for WOL settings.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »
bios settings would refer to setting up your PC to receive WOL packets to wake it up. This isn’t related to sending them to another device from your PC.