Author Topic: LS-WTGL v3 unbrigging  (Read 1620 times)

npalokan

• Calf
LS-WTGL v3 unbrigging
« on: April 01, 2020, 03:44:30 AM »
Hi,
Just founded my old LS-WTGL from storage. Also have some 500 Gb disks for it. Disks are not original and have been used in other systems. I removed all partitions from disks.

For beginning. It boots but goes to EM or what heck is it. Red light blinks 6 times, so it's warning about disks. Also, if I unplug disks, it blinks seven time (ROM, RAM, System error).

I've tried to TFTP it with multiple TFTP's, but it's either not connecting to tftp or connecting and uploading first file and second file Timeouts. I cannot find correct TFTP (I suppose it should be this 'TFTP Boot Recovery LS-WTGL-v3 3.08.exe') anywhere, does anyone have it?
Also tried to change/rename image initrd.img to initrd.buffalo from latest firmware (3.09) and TFTP after that. It's uploading files, but stuck in upload loop where it's uploading files over and over again.

Kinda giving up with this one. If there's not any other way to install firmware, ie. directly to disk?

npalokan

• Calf
Re: LS-WTGL v3 unbrigging
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 04:52:10 AM »
I did find a solution to this. It's this guide https://buffalonas.miraheze.org/wiki/Restoring_Stock_Firmware_via_TFTP
Needed to unpack image files, and then used TFTP Boot Recovery 1.53 to write those to Linkstation. Then just used LSUpdater to update firmware and format harddisks as it's told in guide above.