Author Topic: TeraStation II Pro Raid Error E13  (Read 15397 times)

prjone37

• Calf
TeraStation II Pro Raid Error E13
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »

We had a power cut today and when I powered up the RAID 5 drive the following came up:

Raid Error E13 Array1 Error

HD Error E23 HD3 is Faulty

Operational Mode I12 Degrade Mode

Can I have some advice how to resolve this please?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation II Pro Raid Error E13
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 09:42:11 PM »

Replace the HDD and restructure the array

prjone37

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »

Question...

I have 4 x 500GB drives at the moment, can I replace the dead drive with a 1TB HD restructure the array and then replace the other 500GB HD restructuring the array as I do one drive swap at a time.

There is virtually no difference in price between 500Gb and 1Tb drives so It would be a good opportunity to upgrade the drive storage.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »

If you replace the 500GB drive with a 1 TB and resynch it into the array it will scale the drive down to 500 GB.  I would just replace all of the drives and TFTP the firmware back on to it.

BLeeCA

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:31:53 PM »

I have a similar problem on my Terastation (HS-DH0.0TGL/R5).

Raid Error E13 Array 1 Error

Operational Mode I12 Degrade Mode

HD1 Error E23 HD1 is faulty

Several months ago, I replaced a drive in this Terastation and everything went well.  At that time, I purchased two new drives, keeping one as a spare.  These drives were IDENTICAL to the drives installed on the Terastation (Samsung Model HD501LJ, 500Gb).

I replaced HD1 with the remaining new drive I had, but am still getting the same messages.  I've done some reseach on other users with the same experience and many are now saying that Buffalo Technologies is suggesting it's a faulty raid controller.  If this is the case, is it possible to change the raid controller?  I am about to order several Terastation Pro II units for my business, but am alarmed about how many instances of raid controller failures I've seen.  I would just like to know if there is any recourse in the event the HDs are not the problem.

Thanks!

tagrove

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 01:48:38 PM »

I have been living with this error (E13) for quite some time and would like to have it resolved.  I have replaced the faulty drive, re-structured the array, and reset to factory defaults.  Nont of these seem to work, and I am in an endless loop of  resetting.

I REALLY don't want to wipe the drive and reload my data.

Does anyone have a solution?

PS: TeraStation Pro iSCSI TS-IGL/R5

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 04:13:13 AM »

After you did that have you tried to Reinit the unit through the user interface?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 06:20:26 PM »
The terastation pro II hasn't been manufactured in nearly a decade so I doubt its them that you are ordering.

Either way the RAID controller is software based, its not a hardware component.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!