Author Topic: No 'Settings' option in Navigator2.  (Read 1089 times)

Samebeef

• Calf
No 'Settings' option in Navigator2.
« on: March 09, 2020, 07:55:23 AM »
Hello everyone,,
I just purchases an LS421DE and am having problems setting it up.  I have installed a HDD wth data on it, connected it to my router.  I installed the NAS Navigator2 software from the accompanying CD on my Win8.1 laptop.  When I start Navigator2, it sees the nas.  I then right click it and het the following options: [Properties, Map Share, Disconnect Share, Create Desktop Shortcut], there is no settings option, yet the manual tells me to go to the settings option.

Kane88

• Buffalo
Re: No 'Settings' option in Navigator2.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 01:36:35 PM »
That isn't how the device works.
The device normally won't show up in NAS Navigator unless it either has the correct firmware installed, or the unit boots into EM mode.   I'm surprised it even is showing up for you.
The diskless unit should boot into EM mode, IF the drive is blank.  Since your drive is already formatted, it won't launch EM mode.

You have to load the firmware first, which will also format the drive.
The drive needs to be blank and wiped.
You need to either wipe that drive, or if it has data you can't lose, then you need another drive that can be wiped.

Once the firmware is loaded, it should show up in Nas Navigator 2.  And then you setup your folder share, and then move the data onto the device.

https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/updating-the-firmware-on-a-terastation-or-linkstation-from-a-windows-pc
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:38:56 PM by Kane88 »