Author Topic: Problems with 1000001101000's debian on Terastation Pro II TS-HTGL/R5 No SSH  (Read 1615 times)

buges

• Calf
Hi

I'm trying to get 1000001101000's debian running on my Terastation Pro II TS-HTGL/R5

Everything seems to go ok, I get the "Terastation arm Debian Installer" message on the lcd, the box's IP changes to 192.168.1.198 but when run the command ssh installer@192.168.1.198
I get the connection refused error. I have done a scan with zenmap and it reports that there are no ports open at the box's IP. All this has been done from a laptop directly linked to the TS so no problems with firewall blocking ports etc..

Any help to get this running would be great

Thanks

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
seeing "Latest Post: "Problems with 1000001101..." ( Today at 10:32:36 am )" come up as the latest post made my day.

The issues page on the github project may be a better venue for issues with the Debian installer, though I don't know that it hurts anything either way.

I believe 192.168.1.198 is the address I set it to use if it fails DHCP. Does your network have DHCP? Also, what is the IP address of your PC?

If it managed to join the network and set the LCD message it must have booted and got pretty far into the installer process. It does take a while to start SSH on the older devices, I'd suggest waiting ~10 minutes and check if it  may have eventually started.

Also, are you trying to install Stretch or Buster?

buges

• Calf
Thanks for getting back to me, I'll have another go at it and if i have issues i'll post on your githib page.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
Good deal. If you still have trouble I can give it a try on my unit, it's possible the last update to the debian installer base broke something that I haven't noticed yet.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
I ran through the Stretch and Buster installer on my Terastation II Pro, it seemed to function normally. I haven't tried it without DHCP yet (i'm still thinking about how to do that.)

Let me know how you're doing.