Author Topic: Windows does not load drivers  (Read 3053 times)

S-Dub

• Calf
Windows does not load drivers
« on: October 27, 2009, 10:52:31 AM »

The product is a HD-HSIU2 and in device properties it shows this:  "Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details"

After Physical format was completed and drive was converted to NTFS via windows dskmangmnt tool, the drivers wont load and the disk is only read as a third hard drive not an external drive. I DL the software and tried to reinstall but still not loading drivers. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Windows does not load drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:20:02 PM »

What is the operating system?  Also did you try it on another machine to see if the problem persists?  Make sure to initilize the drive and also give it a drive letter.

S-Dub

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:06:49 PM »

I am running windows 7. I have not tried it on other machines yet but maybe take it to work tomarrow. It has a drive letter. The right click menu in disk management is shown here: buff drive.  I am not sure where to initilize the disk at. Notice it shows the drive a couple of places. (one being the sata-drive).

thanks again

S-Dub

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 04:18:38 AM »

Any way to get this disk to out-of-box config? Buff Link

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »

Can you post a screenshot of the Drivers tab in the Device Properties window

S-Dub

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 02:05:56 AM »

device props --there you go. Thanks. and it looks like windows does load some drivers. but something is amiss.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:49:27 AM »

Did you partition the drive?  Its showing 2 diffrent partitions.  To init the drive you can go to "disk managment"  and right click on the drive it should have a init option there.  To bring it back to defaults you just have to reformat it to FAT32. 

S-Dub

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:03:09 PM »

hmm, well the screen shot of the diskmanagement utility that I posted above does not have the initialize option, I know what you are talking about though, I think windows 7 does not call it "initialize" now. Maybe it is the option "mark partition as acive"? Also I only see one partition for this disk but I could have the wrong assumption that the disk management utility makes that clear. I put the red box around the Buffalo drive on this shot and from what I can tell its only showing one partition (primary)?   link to screen: Diskmangmnt utility screen. Thanks guys you've been pretty awesome considering how much I can contribute here.

btw I did format the disk, back to fat 32 and it did the same thing. Would a physical format be next?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »

You're right, mark partition as active is what you want to do.

S-Dub

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »

OK so this post is old but I have been busy! Well you know all I want to know is why this drive does not show up as a "device with removable storage."  I mean, compared to some of you other post'rs maybe I shouldn't complain because at least the drive works and is accessible. I just know that after all the messing around with this thing (formatting, partitioning, etc.) this drive is not loading as an external (removable) drive, it is being read as an internal drive. After all the posts (which I very much appreciate) I still feel like I am missing something here.