Author Topic: LS441DCF1 - Error Trying To Unmount USB Drive  (Read 1120 times)

BantaY

• Calf
LS441DCF1 - Error Trying To Unmount USB Drive
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:14:26 AM »
Hello everyone,,
I recently purchased a LS441DCF1 to replace a 2-bay Buffalo NAS unit. Spent several days setting it up (only 2 drives at the moment) and transferring everything across from the other unit. Then set up backup jobs. First backup job ran fine. I forgot about the second job and got a flashing orange LED at the front and a warning on the Admin screen. Changed the job to run immediately to do the backup (with the drive attached) and it was fine. Warning gone, as has flashing LED. Third job ran successfully according to the Admin screen, although there was nothing additional to backup. I went to unmount the USB drive and entered the 4 digit code as required, and it nows gives me a message saying:

This cannot be performed because another process is being executed.

There are no backup jobs running, there is nothing being downloaded with BitTorrent, and no files being accessed from any computer. The unit is running on the latest version of firmware, 1.81-0.03.

Any suggestions on what could be causing the issue, and how can I get around it? I had thought of just restarting the NAS unit with the USB drive still attached to see if that cured it, but thought best to ask for advice first.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: LS441DCF1 - Error Trying To Unmount USB Drive
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 08:41:19 AM »
Your instinct was right, a restart will likely take care of it.