Author Topic: from Win-10, can't access NAS running as a service, only as a logged in user  (Read 1330 times)

mike_yung

• Calf
Any thoughts on Linkstation settings which would need to be changed from default to allow it's public folder to be written to from a windows service running on PC on the network?  Perhaps accounts on the PC & the Linkstation with the same username & password.

I have some software that can't write to my Linkstation's public folders when it's running as a Windows service and can only write to the Linkstation when it's running as a logged in user.  The developers said it's something to with security of my PC or the network drive but can't assist further.  We prefer to run a this as a service.

As3nd0r

• Tatanka
Aspirat primo Fortuna labori
Me duce tutus eris

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
You can also tell a process to log in as a specific user. If a logged in user can access the share then SMB 2 is on. Odds are the service is simply acting as "system", and if you have access restrictions turned on for the share then "system" won't work.

mike_yung

• Calf
Yeah, that's what I had to do.  Couldn't figure out how to allow 'system' to write to this drive.