Author Topic: LS-WX6 Failure after Power Surge  (Read 1003 times)

rzep8

• Calf
LS-WX6 Failure after Power Surge
« on: January 03, 2020, 05:13:58 PM »
I have an older LS-WX6.0TL/R1 that failed after a series of massive power blinks

1. Found the unit to have the power light flashing faint blue and that was it. Not even the fan was running.
2. Powered down to reset. After power up, found that the power and network connectivity LED on the back of the unit are flashing about once per second. Function LED on front is also flashing once per second. Power supply fan would not run
3. Powered down and removed both drives and then powered back up again. Power light flashed dimly blue for a few seconds. After that the Info/error light continuously flashes seven time. Power supply fan ran
4. Powered down and removed drive from slot 2, keeping drive in slot 1. Powered up again. Flashing LEDs and no fan running.
5. Powered down and put drive back into slot  2 and removed drive from slot 1. This time unit booted up for a few seconds before a single red function light came on, everything stopped (including the fan) and then the unit started up again.

Am I looking at a power supply failure here? If so, can I still get one?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 05:58:26 PM by rzep8 »

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: LS-WX6 Failure after Power Surge
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 11:53:46 AM »
Power supply sounds like a possibility given the inconsistent behavior.

Personally, I haven't had any problems using generic 12v 4a adapters available online. The key thing is to get one that can provide 4a/4000ma, otherwise you could run into issues similar to what you describe.