Author Topic: LINKSTATION PRO LS-VL - Hard disc replacement  (Read 5513 times)

phendey

• Calf
LINKSTATION PRO LS-VL - Hard disc replacement
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »

Hoping someone can assist.

I have the LINKSTATION PRO LS-VL 1TB - The disc failed within 2 months of purchase - unfortunately i did not have a back up of the data on the disc at that point (I expected i had a little more time to arrange!) so had either the choice to break the warranty and save the data or return to buffalo and lose everything. I broke the warranty.

I now wish the replace the disc - could anyone advise me the following.

- Best disc on market (value wise) to replace with - have looked at like for like and im looking at £50 approx UK GBP cost - are there altenatives out there.

- Once the new disc is installed - what are my next steps to have it as a running machine (are there any instructions to follow anywhere)

Any asistance would be hugely appreciated. Please be very descriptive with any explanations as alot of the relevent terminology on the posts are do not understand as i am a novice in this field.

thanks kindly

Pete

realborat

• Buffalo
Re: LINKSTATION PRO LS-VL - Hard disc replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:51:36 AM »

Once you replaced the HDD you will need to run TFTP to put the unit in to EM mode and install the Firmware.

FAQ(3of5) About replacement hdd`s, Any standard HDD that uses the 512bytes file system and runs at 7200rpm should do.

serverprogetti

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 05:08:07 AM »
I have the LINKSTATION PRO LS-VL 4TB - The disc failed. I now wish the replace the disc with 2TB. Once the new disc is installed - what are my next steps to have it as a running machine (are there any instructions to follow anywhere). The link to FAQ(3of5) About replacement hdd`s was discontinued.
Thanks kindly.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 08:29:08 AM »
This post has information for installing starting with a blank drive.

https://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0