Author Topic: LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found (There it is - right over there!)  (Read 3260 times)

martybrown

• Calf
I've read the firmware update guidelines and understand that both my PC - from which I am running the LSUpdater - and the LinkStation need to be on the same IP address (except for the last set of digits) and the same subnet. I have turned off the firewall, and, for good measure, my antivirus software on my Windows 10 pc. But I have been unable to get the Updater to work - it keeps telling me that "LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found". I even tried connecting the PC to the switch that connects to my Buffalo LS441DE.

Not sure this complicates things, but I have another LinkStation connected to the same network. That one doesn't seem to need updating. Both of the NAS boxes are connected and are working, but the updating just won't work... never had this problem before.

Any thoughts out there that might help?

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Is this device working already or are you trying to re-install the firmware? You make it sound like you’re trying to do more than just update the firmware (which can be done via the web interface).

If the device is not online ( in either normal or EM mode) it will not show up. It also won’t be shown if you’re using the lsupdater for a different model.

kircos

• Calf
I have the same: "LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found" issue Does anyone have a solution? My Buffalo NAS Navigator2 v3.0.2 displays all of my Link Station Mini LS-WSGL/R1 series information. It currently has firmware 1.06

Using LinkStation Series Updater to install V1.74. But the updater says "LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found"
Windows 10 PC is 192.168.0.57 and LinkStation is 192.168.0.44 Virus software is disabled, restarted computer and NAS still not found, plus computer warning about virus and firewall being off.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
I have the same: "LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found" issue Does anyone have a solution? My Buffalo NAS Navigator2 v3.0.2 displays all of my Link Station Mini LS-WSGL/R1 series information. It currently has firmware 1.06

Using LinkStation Series Updater to install V1.74. But the updater says "LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found"
Windows 10 PC is 192.168.0.57 and LinkStation is 192.168.0.44 Virus software is disabled, restarted computer and NAS still not found, plus computer warning about virus and firewall being off.

The 1.74 firmware isn't for that device. 1.06 was the latest version for that Linkstation.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kircos

• Calf
Bummer, hoping a version update would solve issue: You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. This share requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is unsafe and could expose your system to attack. Your system requires SMB2 or higher. Got around it by turning SMB1 back on, article here: https://www.howtogeek.com/250228/what-windows-10s-optional-features-do-and-how-to-turn-them-on-or-off/
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:17:33 PM by kircos »

dewcansam

• Calf
Yeah they pretty much are not going to push out any more updates.
Avoid confusion. Use ISO-8601.
Signed 2020-09-01 13:50 -5

MetteoMercatale

• Calf
I've read the firmware update guidelines and understand that both my PC - from which I am running the LSUpdater - and the LinkStation need to be on the same IP address (except for the last set of digits) and the same subnet. I have turned off the firewall, and, for good measure, my antivirus software on my Windows 10 pc. But I have been unable to get the Updater to work - it keeps telling me that "LinkStation that needs updating wasn't found". I even tried connecting the PC to the switch that connects to my Buffalo LS441DE.

Not sure this complicates things, but I have another LinkStation connected to the same network. That one doesn't seem to need updating. Both of the NAS boxes are connected and are working, but the updating just won't work... never had this problem before.

Any thoughts out there that might help?
I am using Avast and i faced similar issue and i consultated with their support team and they gided me on how to fix the connectivity issue. Which antivirus you are currently using? though both Avast and Avg shared similar characteristics.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 12:41:34 PM by MetteoMercatale »

Icarus

• Calf
What are the lights on the front of the NAS doing?

I have a different linkstation but when mine could not be found the blue light was blinking fast meaning it had no ip address.

My solution was to either re-boot it with the network cable unplugged, then it would boot and give itself its own IP address and a steady on blue light.  Then I plugged the network cable back in and found it with Nasnavigator and then the update program.

Or use the function button to put it into initialization mode and hopefully it will pick up an ip address from the DHCP.