Author Topic: Need LinkStation Quad LS-Q2.0TL/R5 tftp image  (Read 1150 times)

digitania

• Calf
Need LinkStation Quad LS-Q2.0TL/R5 tftp image
« on: November 27, 2019, 08:32:51 PM »
I have a LinkStation Quad LS-Q2.0TL/R5 that has lost its boot image, apparently.  I get the six-flash red LED error code.  It does not show up in NasNavi.  The data isn't critical, but I would like to be able to access it.

I'm following the steps outlined here: http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=1e2o9qs452a2u3thtpupl87rt4&action=search2

I have a very old version of the tftp utility, but it does not seem to be working for me.  Using a Win10Pro machine to try to boot it, having to use a switch in the middle to keep the ethernet port up for Win10 to detect and configure, but static IP set to 192.168.11.1 and all firewalls disabled (Windows Defender only), no AV, and it's getting no attempts from the LS to boot. I'm not sure if my laptop config is the issue, the tftp utility is the issue (it's dated 2007!) or if there's something else I'm missing.

If anyone can point me to a newer version of the utility (if I need it) or offer another suggestion, I would welcome it.

Thanks.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: Need LinkStation Quad LS-Q2.0TL/R5 tftp image
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:00:07 AM »
Any TFTP utility should work as long as you get it on the right IP address and hosting uImage.buffalo and initrd.buffalo.