Author Topic: Firmware/Image restoration on LS-WXL  (Read 1575 times)

Nevakonaza

• Calf
Firmware/Image restoration on LS-WXL
« on: October 31, 2019, 08:50:43 AM »
Hey guys,

Im really pulling my hair out over this nas,Its not able to boot as i assume that because there is new drives in the unit it no longer has the image it needs to boot up,Ive followed countless guides on the internet and i just cannot get this thing to work,ive tried LS Updater as i do have the images required but all that says is "LS-GL that needs updating wasn't found" even though it is connected.

I've even connected it directly to the back of my computer Ethernet port and for the LS updater scan but still it cannot find this nas.

appreciate any help

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: Firmware/Image restoration on LS-WXL
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 09:12:24 AM »
The firmware installation files are specific to model. The LS-GL updater won't interact with a LS-WXL by design.

Download the updater for the LS-WXL and you should have better luck.

http://buffalo.jp/support_ap/support/products/ls_wxl.html

Nevakonaza

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 09:26:27 AM »
Hiya,

appreciate the help,

Okay ive downloaded the appropriate ones for my model,However when i run Buffalo Linkstation updater im still getting "Link station that needs updating wasn't found"

Im running no firewalls or security software on this pc that could be blocking it.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »
neat. once you have the right installer you need to get the device into Emergency Mode. Once it is is should show up in Nas Navigator and LSupdater.

Check out this post for info on how to get into emergency mode.
http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0

Nevakonaza

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »
Its too complicated for me to follow i do not understand :( Why did buffalo not put a Rom into flash so that regardless of what happens you cannot delete its OS!

The red light on the unit is flashing red 6 times.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 11:03:31 AM »
They did on some models, particularly the ones that didn't come with disks. I think back when that device came out flash memory was much more expensive than it was today. I believe they now do have it on all the newer models.

6 red blinks is normal when the device cannot find boot files at start. If you load the boot files with the procedure in the linked post it will boot off of them and the power led will turn solid once it has booted into EM mode.