Author Topic: Can't access Terastation via the network  (Read 8074 times)

jweigel

• Calf
Can't access Terastation via the network
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:44:46 PM »
   I have a rather old Terastation, Model HD-H1.0TGL/R5.  I had to switch out my router, and when I reconnected the Terastation to the network it was not recognized.  I can't ping it.  The Link/Act is continously flashing.  If I remove the ethernet cable it stops flashing. There's no error lights on the drives, so they appear to be OK.  I just can't connect it to the netwrk.  The web browser can't get access either.  Any ideas?

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Can't access Terastation via the network
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »

Use the INIT button on the TS after it is connected to the new network and powered up.  This will not cause any data loss however it will force the unit to pull a new IP address from the new DHCP server.

jimzippy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 05:13:36 AM »

*** Urgent ***

Hi

I have the same problem (but i didn't change my router), i have pressed the INIT button but this has not fixed the issue.

It seems to power up ok, all lights are working and say that it's ok - for some reason none of my machines can access today? If i run the TeraStation Client Utility program the Host Name, IP Address and Subnet Mask are still populated, however the firmware area has a line through it.

I've tried plugging it directly into one machine (re-trying the INIT button) but still no luck! I run a small design business and this is causing major holdup's any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any ideas?

Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 05:24:23 AM »

jimzippy wrote:

*** Urgent ***

Hi

I have the same problem (but i didn't change my router), i have pressed the INIT button but this has not fixed the issue.

It seems to power up ok, all lights are working and say that it's ok - for some reason none of my machines can access today? If i run the TeraStation Client Utility program the Host Name, IP Address and Subnet Mask are still populated, however the firmware area has a line through it.

I've tried plugging it directly into one machine (re-trying the INIT button) but still no luck! I run a small design business and this is causing major holdup's any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Your unit is in EM mode, go to the buffalo website, download the latest FW for your device and reinstall it using the .exe file. Do this with a wired connection through your network ( not wirless) and with your anti virus and firewall disabled.

Once done it should give you access to the unit and data again.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jimzippy

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:21 AM »

Thanks, that worked a treat...

Luckily i do keep backups anyway, but these are USB only and not networkable - so this was a case of productivity rather than dataloss... We do love our little TeraStation - def one of our best purchases and as this one is getting on abit it's about time we upgraded...

Out of curiosity what would have caused it to be in EM mode?

Thanks again for your help!

James

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:59:37 AM »

You can really pin point as to why there is just too many variables that go into effect.