Author Topic: cannot access shared folder (LS Pro Duo)  (Read 10238 times)

billsal436

• Calf
cannot access shared folder (LS Pro Duo)
« on: November 10, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »

the shared folder is "suddenly" inaccessible on my LS Pro Duo.

I have aceess to the info folder, but cannot access the shared folder on any of my pc's (win XP,sbs 2003, ubuntu). It is still on the network and the UI is accessible, although I also notice the config page under shared folders is "diabled"- add and delete buttonsare greyed out and the config button for the info and shared folder do nothing...

It is running raid 1 and firmware 1.07

please help, thanks.

Bill S

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: cannot access shared folder (LS Pro Duo)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
try to access the data via FTP, once the data is backed up then you can try to force flash the firmware to recover  the system.

billsal436

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »
   sorry fo rthe delay. ftp'd to it and the array is shown as empty. (I logged in as admin)

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »

try to update the firmware

billsal436

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:08 AM »
   according to http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/ 1.07 is the currect firmware for the Pro Duo? (with a 1.x firmware load)????

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 03:59:13 PM »

billsal436

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:16:55 AM »

that link fowarded me to this link:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=52541#M277

I reconfigured the ini by modifying/adding the following:

[Flags]
VersionCheck = 0

[SpecialFlags]
Debug = 1

The message I get from LSUpdater is "PC and LS-WTGL frimware version are the same. Updating is not necessary.

Thanks

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »
When you open the edited program you can right click on the program bar in the windows tool bar, this will give you a debug option, from there you can check the force update button.

billsal436

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »
   after flashing it behaves the same. When I access (via http) the linkstation it shows the info folder, the printer and the shared folder. When I try to access the shared folder it says it is not accessible. WHen I try via ftp it shows info (which I can access) and array1 (which shows nothing). If I try to access the config icon on the shared folder via the web interface it is grayed out... still no progress!!! ahhhh! help!

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

You can also try setting the unit back to factory defaults in the web interface under maintenance. 

Also have you tried a different PC?  Or a different operating system?  Last, what OS are you using? 

billsal436

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »

wont that default it back to striping rather than mirroring? (Dont want to lose my data)...

using it on a network.. Xp Pro, SBS 2003, Ubuntu, Fedora... have accessed the web based ui from multiple boxes, still does not behave as expected and still cannot accesss data... :(

using this box so i was os independant and my data was safe.... no feeling real good about that thought process...

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 09:07:39 AM »
Setting it back to factory defaults only resets your user configurations.  It does not touch the data partition of the drive. It forces the unit to boot off of the new firmware.

billsal436

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 09:05:45 AM »

nope. still no access... :smileysad:

... the fact that we do not have permissions to access the shared folder nor make changes to the shared folders setup page (including not being able to add a folder) doesnt tell us that the problem is most likely a permissions problem? Is the a way to mount this folder with linux and change the folder permissions?

Or am I way off on this diagnosis??

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 11:24:54 AM »

It is odd that you still have this problem, are you mapping to the drive via IP or name?

for the sake of data recovery can you enable access restrictions and give access to that folder to a user and access it then?

nivenj

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

I agree, it sounds to me like a permission problem on the shared folder. Are you able to create and delete a new share?

I can help you troubleshoot this, PM me.