Author Topic: Backup NAS to NAS on Different Networks (LS220)  (Read 1451 times)

iammike

• Calf
Backup NAS to NAS on Different Networks (LS220)
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »
I expect that this question has been asked previously but I've not found it on the forum so apologies in advance - I would be grateful if someone can post a link...

I have two LS220 devices at different locations and would like to backup data from one to the other. I can connect both locations via VPN but they are different LANs - one is at our office (10.x.x.x) and one is at a home location (192.168.1.x). I have looked at the manual for this device, which I'm unfamiliar with, and suspect that it may not be possible to accomplish as described, without a router that supports VLANs perhaps, and I would prefer to avoid having to make any changes on the home router anyway.

I would be very grateful for any solutions offered for this as I'll have wasted money on a rushed purchase otherwise. Many thanks in advance.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Backup NAS to NAS on Different Networks (LS220)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 04:16:51 PM »
You should be able to follow the steps in this article: https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/configuring-terastation3010-5010-to-terastation3010-5010-backup-on-differen

I know it says TeraStation, but the interface is similar.

iammike

• Calf
Re: Backup NAS to NAS on Different Networks (LS220)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 01:41:20 AM »
Thanks for that Texturtle. I missed the step to add the destination password to the source, which might explain why the destination wasn't showing up in the target list, but I will need to arrange for our managed firewall to allow the connection, hopefully the different class LANs will not be a problem for that.