Author Topic: LinkStation 500 Password Recovery  (Read 2278 times)

fabukasi

• Calf
LinkStation 500 Password Recovery
« on: October 20, 2019, 10:28:30 PM »
The client OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit. My son changed the login password two days and now we are blocked for wrong password. How can we recover or remove the password without losing user files in system drive? Need help on this

As3nd0r

• Tatanka
Re: LinkStation 500 Password Recovery
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:34:24 AM »
Start the unit up while pressing the function button until the led flashes in orange. This will reset the password unless this function was deactivated in the gui
Aspirat primo Fortuna labori
Me duce tutus eris

fabukasi

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 10:41:35 PM »
Start the unit up while pressing the function button until the led flashes in orange. This will reset the password unless this function was deactivated in the gui

Thanks for the tricks but it no longer worked.

barblliky

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 10:58:29 PM »
The client OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit. My son changed the login password two days and now we are blocked for wrong password. How can we recover or remove the password without losing user files in system drive? Need help on this
Tools like the Ophcrack,which is good at recovering Windows password from Windows 10.
https://www.windows10passwordreset.com/
https://ophcrack.sourceforge.io/download.php?typ
These are the tools I use frequently, and in general, passwords can be recovered by either of them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 02:26:59 AM by barblliky »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 09:29:40 AM »
If the password is forgotten and the reset option was disabled on the admin page then there is literally no way to reset the password on the 500 series, well, none that I'm aware of anyways.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 08:47:24 AM »
It would probably be worth calling Buffalo support on this one, they may know something not in the manual that could help. I believe there is a process to force a firmware install from a usb device but I don't know if that affects passwords or not.

On the bright side I believe your data should be accessible on the drives if you connect them to a PC running Linux. I don't recall if it uses XFS like the earlier models or not but plan to take a look at mine sometime in the near future.

I assume that the passwords are stored in the flash along with the rest of the operating system but I haven't verified that yet.