Author Topic: LS-WVL806 Cannot Access At All  (Read 3406 times)

Ringfinger

• El Toro
Re: LS-WVL806 Cannot Access At All
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 09:45:48 AM »
What kind of diagnostics?  I do the daily check automatically and a weekly RAID check.  What else do I need to do?

Also, as far as another back-up I agree.  Is there something out there that I can do weekly back-ups to a cloud?  That way it is off site should there be catastrophic issues at home.  Automated if possible.

Coys55

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 07:00:00 AM »
Yes there are plenty of automated cloud backup solutions out there, but personally I prefer to run daily incremental backups to my NAS rather than trust a third party to look after (and secure) my data and then do a full manual backup to two USB drives at regular intervals. One copy is kept offsite and the other in a safe.

So there are then at least four copies of my data; one on my desktop, one on the NAS (which is mirrored) and two on external USB drives and although those two are not completely up to date a high percentage of my data is static (photos, music, movies, etc). I also take a copy of my most valuable non-static data on my laptop when traveling.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 07:58:14 AM »
That's a good plan.  I need to get another copy to a USB drive and will take that under consideration.  I definitely need a copy in a safe!