Products > Storage

LS-WVL806 Cannot Access At All

(1/4) > >>

Ringfinger:
So, the NAS has direct ethernet connection to my router. I open my router IP and see that the NAS is connected indeed and sees it. I type in the NAS IP and it can't connect to it directly. Rebooted both devices, still no access but again, my router shows it is connected and on top of that the NAS has a static IP I assigned to it.

CMD prompt. I get this:

Ping statistics for xxxxxxxx
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 4ms, Average = 3ms

I'm starting to freak out now. There are 2 drives in there, mirror of each other, both replaced withing the past year. It's not possible that both died t the same time?

We had a power blip yesterday and that is all I can think of. But if it fried both drives I am screwed!

I get no error code or lights flashing on the NAS. When unpower/rest/repower up, I hear a little movement of the disks/reading noise so to speak just minimally, not noisy, barely anything. That is my concern. Then it stops and ll I hear is the NAS fan. Disks are not hot. I depowered and will let it sit overnight. My feeling is like both drives literally the drive motor fried, both at the same time. However, there is no blinking lights on the NAS, strange noises, etc.

What is going on?

1000001101000:
the lack of leds is odd, or at least any situation where the leds didn't come on I wouldn’t expect the network to work.

two things to try:
check nas navigator or lsupdater and see if discovers the device, if it’s in EM mode it should tell you that.

you can also try booting it without drives, you should get the appropriate led codes for missing drives.

some of this sounds like it could be the power adapter.

Ringfinger:
Okay, I meant to say the green LED flashes as it starts up but stays solid green once started.  No error codes flashing or other LED's flashing which concerns me.  I could never get navigator to work so I only use the ip address to access and change settings.

It is powering up I know that but the drives seems not to be having much activity as they normally do.

As3nd0r:
Could be in emergency mode. Would explain why you can ping but not access the settings page. Check with nas navigator or use the firmware updater - if the host name includes a EM the unit is in emergency mode. Just reinstall the firmware in this case

1000001101000:
That does sound like EM mode in that case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version