Author Topic: Terastation Pro II TSH2TGL/R5 not accessible for Vista "offline files available" sync  (Read 3987 times)

Lebej

• Calf
   I used to work on a Terastation HS series connected on my network. I could access it from a desktop with windows XP or from the laptop with Vista. on the Vista, i had some files form the HS wich i put "always available offline" which makes Vista sync those files each time the laptop is connected. Now that i bought a Terastatio pro II this doesn't work anymore ( meaning, when i right clic a folder, the option "make available online" is not present ). I also have a LinkStation Pro Duo, and with this one, there is no problem for making files available offline. So is tehre a specific probleme for Vista with the Terastation Pro II ? By the way, it is perfectly connected to the network , accesssible, visible, and works fine. if anyone can help ! Thank You

Paul

• Big Bull
In the share folder set up there is an option to make files available off line make sure this is selected and that you have the latest firmware on the unit.

Lebej

• Calf

My firmware is 1.22

but i just activated "manually cache files " instead of "disable offline files" and IT WORKED

so thank you

Could you tell me the difference between ethe offline options "manually cache fies" or "automatically cache files" before i set up a sync with windows vista on my laptop ?