Author Topic: LS-WTGL-EM89A is under EM mode. Update or contact technical support.  (Read 3901 times)

jcs2595

• Calf

My Linkstation Pro Duo 1.0 Tb doesnt see to be responding to anything that I try. I have tried to force the firmware via the help from technical support. No luck there. On the Buffalo Nas Navigator my workgroup is unknown and the Host Name has changed itself to LS-WTGL-E89A from what I had named it. It does show the corrected ip address, subnet mask, and mac address, although the firmware box is blank. Another message I see when I click the View Shares button it says that Network routing can't be found. So I am at a loss here. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-WTGL-EM89A is under EM mode. Update or contact technical support.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:12:50 AM »
   Connect the linkstation directly to the PC with the network cable, turn off all AV and firewall software (this is the most important part) Set a static IP address on the network card of the PC, then run the firmware update.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jcs2595

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
   I tried that. I turned off my firewall and antivirus software, I assigned a static ip address I am assuming just assign the one that the pc ususally receives from my router was okay. Then I tried the update and no luck. I have been emailing technical support and they told me to edit the .ini file to try and run a debug program but that did not work either. I am beginning to think my Linkstation is DOA.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:14:45 AM »

Buffalo units will default to 192.168.11.150

so you have to set the PC in rang of that <ie 192.168.11.10>

then try the force firmware again.