Author Topic: Terastation Pro TS-0.6TGL/R5-4 Error E04 and no network after firmware update  (Read 9560 times)

dja

• Calf

Hello,

i have a TeraStation Pro I in use for months and tried to update the firmware again last night, as there has been a newer version 1.04 on the website. This was not the first try to update firmware to the TeraStation or other devices and in past there never have been any problems.

I do not know what went wrong but after the update, i only get an error E04 in the display and after this my box is dead. I can stop the signal but any reboot leads to the same error. I tried to get into EM mode to reinstall the firmware but even after showing that the box will boot into EM i get the same error E04 and nothing else happens.

When in this error state i don't even have network connection. On the switch i can see, that link comes up very shortly during the boot but after seconds it goes down again and the error is displayed. Having a direct connection with the fixed standard IPs does not change anything, PC says no link at all. Because of this, a reflash in debug mode does not work.

Is there any chance to reanimate my box or is it bricked down for ever?

Regards

Dirk

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

Do as i described in the other thread, what have you got to loss?! Follow these steps exactly.

Power down the TS.

Remove drive 1 and then power up

If you get e04, power down again

Insert drive 1 and remove drive 2.

Repeat the process.

I would be more than surprised if it is not one of the disk!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dja

• Calf

To loose? I have not much to loose, as long as my USB backup is working, mounted readonly on a linux server...

I'll try leaving out one drive after the other later when i have access to the brick, keeping you informed. But if it is a problem with HDD or controller, why doesn't the TS comes up in EM without any disk? I tried booting with no HDD inside yesterday and even got the E04 Flash error...

dja

• Calf

davo, i did as you said and guess what: It did not work! Feel surprised and thanks for help... :-(

I even had another try: Some month ago, i had some errors reported on the monthly RAID check for drive 2. Because there is never only one drive in a series of parts that gets broken, i got four new HDD and replaced one after the other, letting the RAID rebuild over night each time. I saved the drives and today i tried to boot up the TS with them, because, if it is a hard drive failure, as you supposed, why not trying drives, that have been running.

The test was negativ, the box only came up with well known E04 flash error!

Message Edited by dja on 11-10-2008 07:19 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
Have you tried the TFTP software?

dja

• Calf

Hm, as i asked in the other thread: I have a TeraStation Pro 1, not the Pro II! Where can i find the right TFTP? At the FTP-site i only can find TFTP-software for TS Pro II and TS Live. But anyway, i even tried the software for TS Pro II yesterday in the evening without success.

[edit]

I used a Notebook with a wired network interface configured with fixed IP 192.168.11.199 and plugged in the cable used for the terastation. As before the systems did not get connected, the TS runs to fast into the error, i suppose. The used TFTP software forthe TS Pro II was started and ready to connect before powering up my TS

[/edit]

Are you sure that the older Pro version does understand TFTP?

Again: I push the power button, the device says something about "System booting" and, a little bit darker, "welcome to terastation" and the next moment it shows up the "SYSTEM Error E04 - Can't Load Krnl!"...

Message Edited by dja on 11-12-2008 06:34 PM

Paul

• Big Bull

I will talk to one of our code writers and see if I can get a TFTP for the Pro, when I do I will post the location of the software.

myrick_0619

• Calf

Pls. help me... Recently My Bufalo TeraStation is working fine.. when power flactuates.. my TS LCD Panet turn Red... Its seem normal when I restart the unit.. I can ping my TS  on LAN... but the problem is I can't get in via web browser and I can't see it's Name in our Network and even the NS Swift it can not trace my TeraStation. PLS HELP ME PLSSSS all our company files are stored there plss.... do respond....

Thank in Advance.

tanjl

• El Toro

You can ping it but you cannot access its console..

Are you able to see the share folders? try going to RUN then type \\ip address

If you can see it, then try backing up the files..

Ok, other steps you can try

1. turning off or lowering your firewall settings

2. I actually tried this when i could not access my TS, i reset it and bingo! I can access my TS.

myrick_0619

• Calf

Mr. Tanjil... I can not access the shared folders neither... surely i can ping my TS but to access it its negative. I have turned off my firewall and still the same.. I can not access it at all... pls help me... all my importatn files are backup there  plsss hellpp... Thanks Mr. Tanjil for the response..

PCPiranha

• Big Bull

How many times is the diagnostic light flashing between pauses?