Author Topic: 2nd drive not working?  (Read 1350 times)

RobS

• Calf
2nd drive not working?
« on: September 24, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »
Hi everyone, first post! I haven't used my Buffalo for a long time. I have a Linkstation LS-WXL 183.

I could be wrong, but I feel like only one of the drives is working. I am sure I had data on one of the drives that I simply cannot find. Could someone help me verify whether both drives are actually working?

I could send screen grabs etc if needed, but basically there only appears to be 2 folders when I browse. An info folder and a share folder. I am probably wrong but shouldn't there be a folder for each drive?

Thanks all :-[

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: 2nd drive not working?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:13:04 PM »
it depends on the configuration you went with. Typically for the 2-drive devices you'll have created a raid1 or raid0 array which would only have one share associated with it. If you did set up each drive individually there could be one for each. If you pull up the drives page you should see how they are configured.

RobS

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »
Hi, thanks very much. I cant seem to attach anything to the post to show you a screen grab. However, on my console it states Array 1 on both Disk 1 and Disk 2. So it sounds like both are working? Is there any way to thoroughly check both drives for particular files? I basically am looking for a file that I thought was here but cant find it. Thanks for your help

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:33:32 AM »
It depends greatly on what operating system you're using, they all have tools for searching for files.