Author Topic: LinkStation LS-Q1.0TL/1D won't reset to factory default  (Read 7176 times)

aegis

• Calf
LinkStation LS-Q1.0TL/1D won't reset to factory default
« on: October 02, 2009, 12:37:53 AM »

Can anyone specify more details how to reset (factory default) for LinkStation LS-Q1.0TL/1D ?

I already tried following the instructions in the knowledge base "KB#000003 - Forgotten Password" http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10012&category_id=0&sid2= and reset guide on the manual book, but the LinkStation won't reset. It still have the same setting before reset

I want to reset the LinkStation because, the NAS won't login with admin user and password (default admin:password) FYI I never change the admin user and password since buying the unit, i keep it on default. But after some days i didn't use the LinkStation (i left it turn off), when i turn it on again, i can't login to the web admin. (FYI all share folders in the LinkStation, still accessable)

My LinkStation LS-Q1.0TL/1D  firmware is 1.05

I'm using NasNavigator 2.18

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation LS-Q1.0TL/1D won't reset to factory default
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:50:18 PM »
You can try booting the unit in EM mode and force flashing the firmware but if that doesnt work you will want to contact your local support for further assistance.

aegis

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:34:03 PM »
   How to boot in EM mode ? What do i need to force flashing the firmware ?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 10:26:35 PM »
Can you log into the unit?  If you can go ahead and go to maintenance>initialization>restore.  If not then try and hold the function or reset button down for about 15 sec or so.

aegis

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 10:49:06 PM »

there is only 2 account in the NAS, the admin and guest only, i didn't make another one. i only can access the guest account

tried to reset again, but nothing happened, the old setting still there, i still can't login with admin account

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »
Your gonna have to do a Force Firmware as stated above .

aegis

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 11:24:17 PM »
   How to force the firmware ? What do i need to force flash the firmware? I tried to update the newest firmware 1.10 using the updater but the admin password didn't work either.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 11:52:44 PM »
Go to the 2nd FAQ at the top.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »

Aegis:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board?board.id=0101

The first and second FAQ.  If you don't boot it into EM mode first it will require the password first (it may anyway).  If it asks for the username and password try the default admin/password and it should work.  Once again if not, contact your local support for further instructions.