Author Topic: E06 and TFTP on cloudstor I got into TFTP mode once, began updating firmware but then it crashed  (Read 1415 times)

Raistlin

• Calf

The dialog box for updating firmware was open and running but the cloudstor started blinking E06 again during the firmware install and then the installer just closed.  So I am trying again to get into TFTP mode and it just will not work.

Firewall is off, virus is off and it just will not give me the lines after accepting requests for some reason.

This all happened because I ran chdsk on both drives and then after I put them back in I got the E06 error.

This is really killing me, all settings are correct and it will not go into TFTP mode, I just don't understand how it worked once and then not again.

What else can I do?  Please help before I throw some lighter fluid and torch this POS.

Raistlin

• Calf

And yes I stupidly removed all the partitions on the drive(s) that were in the cloudstor while connected to my pc and then ran chdsk on one store/partition of the drive.  I did this not realizing that one of those was the firmware, I know this now but that is too late.  I was also doing this because I had disk mount issues on one disk and I was having a direct copy errors which some have said to run chdsk on to fix.

But being a noob to this I deleted all the partitions thinking that is what was needed to be done.

So now I have this cloudstor that I spend money on and three 2TB drives that have all been wiped of the partitions.  I have three drives because I could not find an identical drive to the one the cloudstor came with, so I used two new identical drives but got a disk mount error on one of the new drives.

How can I salvage my cloudstor if I cannot get the firmware on here?