Author Topic: Uneven access after power failure  (Read 2210 times)

pdx_photoman

• Calf
Uneven access after power failure
« on: September 20, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »
   We had a power failure Saturday. I now have great difficulty accessing the TeraStation 1 TB unit. It causes "My Computer" to crash, although sometimes I can open it and and see the file structure. I think (hope) that it's just the network connection that's been affected. Is there a way to delete and restore.

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Uneven access after power failure
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:41:51 AM »
We have many diffrent models of TS.  Which one do you have?  Which Firmware version?  Which OS?  Were you using a UPS?  In order to try and help you as muich as we can please post all info that is needed next time please:smileywink:

pdx_photoman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:59:32 AM »
   It's the HS-DH0-0TGL/RL5 running under XP Pro throug a LinkSys WRT 100. There are no error messages on the unit itself. All four drive lights are flashing. Link/ACT light is on. When the TeraStation is turned off, My Computer loads just fine and allows me to access all drives. When the TeraStation is turned on and loads, access to My Computer turns very sluggish and sometimes crashes. When I try to access it from a program, it reports that that drive is already being accessed and the program cannot reach it.

pdx_photoman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 10:07:09 AM »

An error occurred while connection P: to (two back slashes) HS-DHTGL81B (back) share (back) pictures

Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

This connection has not been restored.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »
Instead of mapping it by host name try and map it just by the IP address.  \\192.168.  Make sure that the drives are dissconnected.

pdx_photoman

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »
   Thanks. I'll give it a try tonight. I hope it will remain stable enough to allow editing the mapping itself.